Question and a comment (about Sales Reps)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 247
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 21 2019 7:41 AM

My question is about a particular series: BECNT.  Does this series ever go on sale?  Are we likely to see it for March Madness this year?  I honestly can't remember the last time it had a decent discount attached to it.

My comment is related to my question.  About a week ago I phoned Sales and was quickly transferred to another department where my inquiry was resolved.  But since I had briefly been in contact with Sales, I got the obligatory email within minutes from a Sales Rep asking if he could help me with some items in my cart.  Since he asked, I did email him with my question from above.  No answer.  I emailed the same rep a second time (thinking the first might have been lost).  Still no answer.  That was over a week ago.  It seems incredibly rude, and surely bad business practice, to email me asking to assist and then refusing to assist.  I just don't get it.

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 8:01 AM

Gary Osborne:

My question is about a particular series: BECNT.  Does this series ever go on sale?  Are we likely to see it for March Madness this year?  I honestly can't remember the last time it had a decent discount attached to it.

My comment is related to my question.  About a week ago I phoned Sales and was quickly transferred to another department where my inquiry was resolved.  But since I had briefly been in contact with Sales, I got the obligatory email within minutes from a Sales Rep asking if he could help me with some items in my cart.  Since he asked, I did email him with my question from above.  No answer.  I emailed the same rep a second time (thinking the first might have been lost).  Still no answer.  That was over a week ago.  It seems incredibly rude, and surely bad business practice, to email me asking to assist and then refusing to assist.  I just don't get it.

The only discounts I recall were on pre-pub for individual volumes and for buying the whole set. I can't recall any individual volumes going on sale after release. 

Posts 44
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 8:10 AM

It went on sale last year for 30% off. 

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 8:16 AM

Josh:

Yes, but only if you wanted to buy the whole set.

Posts 247
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:49 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Josh:

Yes, but only if you wanted to buy the whole set.

Right.  Which is not an option for me.  I don't need, nor do I want, every volume.  Just selected ones.  

Thanks for answering a question I thought a Sales Rep could have done very easily.  Much appreciated!

Posts 6
LogosEmployee
Brian Kent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 2:03 PM

Hi Gary,

I am sorry for the lack of reply from the sales rep. I have reached out to you directly which can be found in your email to see how I can further assist you.

Posts 247
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 2:13 PM

Brian Kent (Faithlife):

Hi Gary,

I am sorry for the lack of reply from the sales rep. I have reached out to you directly which can be found in your email to see how I can further assist you.

Thank you, Brian. It was not necessary, but I appreciate the outreach.

Posts 3239
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:27 AM

I can't remember the BECNT ever going on sale and if it did I totally missed it!  I got my set through the Logos Resales Facebook site.  That way I got a discount from someone who no longer wanted it anymore so win-win (plus it came w/ the John book that got removed).

I'd recommend you check out the Logos Resale Facebook site.  I believe someone might have started up one on the Faithlife groups site as well but it has been a while since I've been to either.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS