Remove a Hyperlink

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3061
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 21 2019 3:39 PM

How do you remove a hyperlink in the Notes Tool without deleting and retyping the text?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 4628
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 6:46 PM

Unless there is a keyboard shortcut I am not aware of, there is no way to do that right now

Posts 2016
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 11:05 PM

Select the linked text, click the link icon, delete the link, and hit save. Done.

Posts 3061
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 5:46 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Select the linked text, click the link icon, delete the link, and hit save. Done.

Ah, that works for "true" hyperlinks. But if I link a word or number to a Bible reference this does not work. Most of the time that is how I use links in notes. I may be typing a note that says "Verse 3" and I hyperlink it to Ephesians 1:3.

How to upload logs

Posts 1837
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 10:28 PM

Thanks for the bug report.

Posts 1837
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 10:55 PM

The "Clear formatting" button currently does what you're looking for, though it may have the unintended side effect of removing other format you don't want to lose. So it may not suit your needs. We'll consider adding a "Remove hyperlink" button, like most editors have.

Posts 3061
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 6:58 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

The "Clear formatting" button currently does what you're looking for, though it may have the unintended side effect of removing other format you don't want to lose. So it may not suit your needs. We'll consider adding a "Remove hyperlink" button, like most editors have.

Clear formatting did work, thanks. I do see that could be a problem though, like you said, if there is other formatting.

How to upload logs

Posts 118
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2019 11:25 AM

Using the Clear Formatting button was the only way I could link to a different bible other than my favourite so a Remove Hyperlink button would definitely be good.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS