My Mother has Cancer. Please pray.

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 123
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 23 2019 10:51 AM

I found out today. I don't know how advanced it is but it's probably stage one, and it's a slow growing skin cancer. I can barely think and I can't eat. it's a good thing I feel as sick as I do. because the overwhelming majority of this forums users are Christians like me, I'm asking for prayers.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 11:04 AM

I find comfort that all things work for God's glory, even if we find it hard to understand. May God show your Mother his grace and love.

Posts 18669
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 11:10 AM

I pray that the doctors will be able to reassure you and your mother of the treatableness of this cancer, and that she will come through the treatment (which I pray and trust will be minor) with flying colors. The unknown can be scary. So I pray that you will know God's peace that passes all understanding as you find out more about the prognosis and proposed course of treatment.

My dad has had several skin cancers removed over the years and is 85 now. I pray that your mother will have a long life ahead of her.

Posts 8944
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 11:12 AM

Offering my prayers for your mom and for you Chris. May you know the peace of Christ through it all.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 236
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 11:22 AM

Of course I will join you in praying for your mother and for you to have the strength to be a comfort to all in the family through this peril.

-john

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 103
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 11:53 AM

Praying for you and for your mom!

Posts 603
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 12:03 PM

Chris, I'm one more praying for your Mom and you and the rest of your family. I'll add that like Rosie's Dad, I'm now in my 80's, have had several skin cancers removed, and have been living well with lymphoma since 2002. So "cancer" is not necessarily a death sentence. And much more importantly, the reality of life in Christ can become much more palpable no matter how the disease unfolds. In your Mom's case, may it unfold in a very mild way!

Posts 592
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 12:13 PM

May the Lord be merciful and heal your Mom.

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 12:21 PM

May the Lord give wisdom to the doctors (Sirach 38:14). I pray that you and your mother will know the peace of Christ through it all.

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 12:22 PM

Great God of the universe, miraculous healer, and worker of miracles; we humbly bring Chris and his mother before you asking that in Your overwhelming mercy and kindness... heal her and give comforting reassurance to Chris.  Lord, we both rely upon you and trust you to bring resolution to this crisis in a manner that brings glory to, and magnifies Your Name.  With thanksgiving and praise, Amen.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 297
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 1:25 PM

I too just prayed for you, Chris, and your Mother. May God grant you and your Mother abundant peace and grace in the midst of all of this.

Posts 1018
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 3:01 PM

I am so sorry. Of course I will pray for her.

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 3:11 PM

Just did. Peace be with you.

In principle Faithlife.com is a better platform for this, but I don’t know how active users are over there. You could give it a try. There’s a prayer type of post.

You can even cross referends your post in this thread and we can follow up there.

Posts 6406
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 5:16 PM

Praying for your mother, you and your family. May God’s will be done as she goes through treatment.

DAL

Posts 17963
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 5:40 PM

God's Grace and Peace Smile

Praying with Thanksgiving, albeit not like nor understand, but choosing to Give Thanks to God anyway Big Smile 

FYI: alternative to Thanksgiving is holding on to anger (bitterness, complaints, despair, depression, ...) that provides opportunity for adversary to make more mess.

When you recognize God answering prayers (with awesome Peace) and can publicly share, would like to join you in Weeping Crying and/or Rejoicing Big Smile

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2058
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 8:32 PM

God bless you Chris.  I pray for your mother's healing and for you to have strength, and that you walk though this with God's peace. I shall pray.

Posts 40
Mac | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2019 9:15 PM

Hi Chris

Praying for your mom's health and recovery. May God heals and support her.

Blessings,

Mac

Posts 123
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 6:20 AM

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I think mom will be OK. surgery next month. But i'm still worried.

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 6:26 AM

Don’t worry too much. You also need to take care yourself such that your mother don’t need to worry about you and focus on getting healed. Take care. Try to be happy with her. Joy has a lot of healing power, even scientifically to some extent. God loves you both.

Posts 3662
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 7:43 AM

Cancer may be the "fact."

But all facts are subject to the Truth.

Jesus, the Way, the TRUTH, & the Life, can change the facts with a word, not just a touch.

Praying to the king of kings for your mother (a word or His touch), & for you both (peace that passes understanding, anchored by your trust in the One through Whom all things pass before they can come to you).

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS