My Mother has Cancer. Please pray.

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 17787
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2019 8:12 AM

Chris Belmonte:

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I think mom will be OK. surgery next month. But i'm still worried.

Praying for Holy healing from hurts, habits, and hang-ups Big Smile

Please read and ponder the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5-7 that includes Be Attitudes in Matthew 5:3-12 plus Do Not Worry in Matthew 6:25-34

Uninspired placement of chapter and verse numbers includes Philippians 4:6 in the middle of a Greek sentence. Thankful for Logos & Verbum option to not show chapter and verse number along with visual filter highlighting:

Thread => more inductive symbols discussion includes precept highlighting.

Context for Philippians 4 is Paul being in prison so Joy does not depend on circumstances (unlike happiness that reflects what is happening).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 170
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 1:42 AM

Will most definitely pray!  

After two open heart surgeries (basically back to back), I well comprehend the fear that can try to seize control of your mind.  

For me at least, God does not generally save me from the fiery trial...but He still shows up in the fire.

Posts 113
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 5:21 AM

Thank you again to everyone who has prayed for my mother. It's most likely going to turn out okay. she has surgery early next month. I pray the doctors find and are able to remove all of it.

Unfortunately it looks like my connect essentials subscription is going away on the 17th. When I subscribed, I wasn't aware of our situation. It's a lot worse than I thought. I'm crippled and I do not handle stress well, hence why my life needlessly hard because I'm not a strong person. I had plans to continue my essentials, buy a bronze library (installments) or both. But that was before this was discovered, and I did not further realize how strapped we really were. I really love the utility of this software, but I'm not going to be able to use it the way I want, possibly indefinitely. I'm not trying to gather a pity party. I'm just sad to have to give it up, probably. she promised me an income but I think her heart is bigger than she can afford. Maybe some day. i'll check to see how much of it i still have with logos 8 basic + verbum basic + academic basic. I'm further worried about possible hurricanes nuking / flooding us, and our debt, which is not due to frivolousness. Its because we need to survive. I have a severely autistic youngest sister, and another who tries her best for us at 2 jobs + school. We also have property taxes coming due to worry about. 

As a result, please pray for our financial situation and protection from bad weather. if poop hits the fan, I need to accept that and cop. the severely autistic sister was traumatized (literally she has PTSD now) by the 2004 hurricanes that hit FL. She suffers extreme fear at any bad weather, as well as the horrible shacking and noise of the construction going on outside, and barricades herself in the bathroom, so pray for her mental health. It seems that there is no hope. It's hard to shake that feeling. But I know, in the end, the Lord is with us, and the good guys win. It's just hard to make myself believe the truth. it's a flaw and I'm sorry for that. 

God bless everyone.

Posts 995
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 3:02 PM

I'm very glad to hear that your mother's situation looks like it will turn out okay. I'm sorry, though, to hear about the struggles you and your family are facing.  I'll certainly pray for you all.

Posts 878
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:19 AM

Don't worry about the Logos resources. It is not necessary. God will provides. I've been guilty of spending a lot in Logos' packages and resources, but in the end that doesn't really matter. If God permits we can perhaps have more resources and trainings and may be seminary works, etc. But the most important thing is really God will leads us in His own way, and His grace is always sufficient.

Also, the free resources provided by Logos is very useful (like the LEB, ESV(?), Faithlife Study Bible, Lexham Dict., etc.) and there's a ton of them. I've a testing account for free resources only, if one collect free resources according to https://wiki.logos.com/free_logos_books (also this https://faithlife.com/free-books/activity), they would have 2000+ resources. (Granted, Perseus Digital Library alone is 1743 resources and most might not need it.) And all this doesn't even count the Personal Books that community maintains yet https://wiki.logos.com/user_contributed_personal_books. We're truly blessed by the amount of free resources to enable people of all kinds to pursue Christ.

God be with you and your family.

Posts 113
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 5:34 AM

The free books are largely devotional content which I almost never read. I don't think you can use ESV for free. maybe on android but not pc? Please don't take this the wrong way. It's just I don't think that many free books which are published for free by Logos users are going help me a whole lot. I'm really deep into more serious stuff. Stuff like the Septuagint, Dead Sea Scrolls, Pseudepigrapha, Church Fathers, and a lot of stuff, none of which is cheap, and even language to a limited extent. I REALLY would like to purchase academic essentials but I doubt that's happening.

I've got a lot on my mind and Bible study is one way to keep me busy. I'm not trying to "brag." I do know probably a lot more than the layman does about Christianity because I found myself studying it on my own, without any denominational filters. The reason why is, I have ALWAYS believed in God instinctively, but I don't think I was a Christian until the end of or sometime after high school. I was never given religious instruction. I'm sort of a convert to Christ, even though I was raised Christian. I was not raised in a home which made me go to church or Sunday school. When I rarely did attend, I had little interest. But the truth is, I'm grateful that happened. I don't have the propensity to filter scripture through sectarian eyes as a result. The Holy Spirit influenced me long before I knew it was happening I think.

I appreciate all the prayers and my mom does too. I spend a whole lot of time praying most days.

Posts 38
Robert S Stramski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 5:37 PM

Prayed too.....I believe.

Robert

Posts 113
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 5:58 PM

Thank you. :)

Posts 17787
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 12:13 AM

Chris Belmonte:
I don't think you can use ESV for free.

ESV is included in Logos 8 Fundamentals (does not have dynamic pricing, but is $ 20.00 upgrade from gifted Logos 7 Fundamentals)

Chris Belmonte:
I REALLY would like to purchase academic essentials but I doubt that's happening.

Logos 8 Academic Essentials has dynamic pricing so purchasing Logos 8 Fundamentals reduces Academic Essentials price (for resources already owned).

Chris Belmonte:
The free books are largely devotional content which I almost never read.

My Faithlife account with $ 0.00 order total includes free Logos 7 Fundamentals (from Logos 8 upgrade) so those resources have Permanent licenses (owned). Temporary licenses reflect free Basic packages (Logos, Verbum, & Academic)

Free Basic packages include Reverse Interlinear resources for many Bibles: e.g. ESV and LES (Lexham English Septuagint).

Chris Belmonte:

I appreciate all the prayers and my mom does too. I spend a whole lot of time praying most days.

Sweet hour(s) of Prayer, Sweet hour(s) of Prayer, that calls us from a world of care ....

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 113
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 1:41 AM

I keep praying as well for my anxiety to be eased. The same with my family, but especially my mom and autistic sister.

Dynamic pricing is great. However I actually need the money to buy something to buy something, lol.

Academic Essentials would make be very happy, assuming I can ever afford it. I am out several days a week. I do watch myself and make sure my hands are clean because the public is dangerous for me because of my immune system, but I NEED to get out of the house and help my mom with errands for my own sanity. I enjoy studying in the car and talking to my mom without having to hear banging piles which shake the whole house from construction. 

I'll try to keep smiling. Thanks for your words. :)

Posts 17787
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:12 AM

Chris Belmonte:
I keep praying as well for my anxiety to be eased. The same with my family, but especially my mom and autistic sister.

Anxiety is a form of fear. 1st John 4 has lots about Love, including verse 18 about Perfect Love drives out fear.

Screen shot from my demo account with $ 0.00 order total (includes gifted Logos 7 Fundamentals) shows many visual filters are usable.

Memorizing and pondering Philippians 4:4-9 would be helpful too along with James 1:2-8 so can be Thankful for everything (albeit not like nor understand) while having God's Peace and Wisdom guiding what to do and say Geeked

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 113
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:21 AM

keep smiling, i will read these books later. im out helping mom. i have good i have the money to buy academic essentials soon thanks to the Lord. perfect love, that is wonderful. i know the Lord hears me but doubt often harasses my spirits. i have experienced too many coincidences in my life to not know it. like thomas, i am sorry for doubt, but it does almost seem involuntary.

mom is in better spirits than usual. im grateful for that. it is likely mom will be fine. its the best kind of cancer to get. but fear can overtake me.

Posts 113
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 8:35 AM

Well I'm happy now to have the Academic Essentials Library now. 

I got home awhile ago.

In other good news, it looks like they won't be putting piles down on my side of the road, which is a big relief. The less stress, the better.
Thank you everyone for your prayers.
I'll take time to read the Bible soon. I have been reading a book of James' epistle, unrelated to Logos.

Posts 113
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2019 11:07 AM

I'm anxious about a lot of things. Most of all what this thread is about. However I'm being crushed under the weight of GAD. it's been this way as long as I remember. The anxiety, even when nothing is immediately wrong, is like constant harassment. Often it gets so bad I am forced to medicate myself. (Don't worry, it's a legitimate prescription). Surgery is on the 7th. I feel a lot better about the whole thing recently, but I'm anxious nonetheless. Please pray for my anxiety, as well as the stress my family is under, especially my mom. I wrote this because today it's been like a cloud following me ceaselessly.

Posts 113
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 7:03 AM

Okay surgery is tomorrow, the 7th. I'm praying the doctors hands are guided, that they find it all so they can remove it all. I'm nervous, but my spirits are surprisingly good. praise be to the Lord! :)

Posts 284
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 7:57 AM

Hi Chris,

Just prayed for you and your Mom, that all goes well, and that you will have peace.

Charlene

Posts 561
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:40 AM

Hi, Chris. It occurs to me that in addition to all our prayers from a distance, so to speak, you might like to talk with one of the Chaplains at the Hospital. At least, many medical facilities have chaplains on staff. I think I remember from one of your previous posts that you don't have a congregation nearby to walk with you. May the peace of Christ be with you and your Mom and your Sister.

Posts 17787
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:40 AM

Chris Belmonte:
I'm nervous, but my spirits are surprisingly good. praise be to the Lord! :)

+1 Yes Praising plus Praying: enjoyed cuddle time with God today Big Smile

Thankful for Sermon on the Mount including BeAttitudes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 113
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2019 7:59 AM
surgery today about 2:30 US Eastern Standard time im going with her to assist her after Ive gotta clean up before I leave. Keep smiling, are there any parts of scripture youd recommend I read other than what you posted? I'll bring my tablet and be reading scripture and praying while waiting for her in the waiting room or wherver it is. sorry for typoes in a rush
Posts 2040
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2019 8:18 AM

Many can answer better than I, but a few suggestions

James 5:13–18. 

Start reading anywhere in the Psalms

Search in prayer books: The Book of Common Prayer, 400 Prayers for Preachers, etc. Google "Mi Sheberach" for some jewish prayers. 

My prayers and best wishes go with you and your family.

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS