@FL: Sales & Country Restrictions

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 366
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:35 PM

I think this is one factor.  Another factor is that authors/agents are arriving at the conclusion that it is in their best interest to negotiate with their publisher to retain foreign rights and use his or her agent to negotiate rights in other countries.

Posts 10035
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:54 PM

MJ. Smith:

I was not saying that a line had been crossed but reminding people of the guidelines as the conversation was skirting the guidelines. Perhaps some who disagree can explain to me how telling me to avoid Amazon purchases because of the poster's opinion of Amazon business practices and quality, relates to Logos. I'm still not seeing it.

For purposes of transparency, I recently dropped my Costco membership as I can now get my 45 pound bags of kitty litter through Amazon - supplier is still Costco. This means that it is delivered to my doorstep. I no longer have to try to lift it in and out of a cart and car. Since I am in my 70's, I like this enough to defy the advice to avoid Amazon. And when the roads are bad, I rely on Amazon Fresh for my groceries as they do deliver to my rural area which most services do not. Case closed.Wink

Since you're a star-person (secrets from downtown Bellingham at midnight), don't the stop-using-Amazon folks need to stop their use of Logos?  I thought Logos is powered thru Amazon.

For purposes of transparency, I keep my Logos off the servers, but buy Amazon constantly. I'm also couteous to Amazon trucks too.

Posts 2243
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 4:16 PM

Denise:

Since you're a star-person (secrets from downtown Bellingham at midnight), don't the stop-using-Amazon folks need to stop their use of Logos?  I thought Logos is powered thru Amazon.

For purposes of transparency, I keep my Logos off the servers, but buy Amazon constantly. I'm also couteous to Amazon trucks too.

It's no secret. You just look up the owner of the IP range, and you come up with AWS, which belongs to Amazon.

As I said, it's impossible to avoid Amazon entirely.

I'm hugely concerned about privacy issues in this matter. Does Amazon match the data they get from AWS into the customer profile, creating a profile of websites and services they use? No-one knows. And since Amazon has refused to honour my GDPR data subject request, to which I'd actually be legally entitled, I can't find out about the data they've collected about me... I can only encourage my fellow EU citizens to do likewise - request a GDPR data subject report from Amazon.com for free (not from the local European Amazons, which do comply), and upon being refused, send a complaint to your national data protection agency (which can also be done without cost).

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 12:31 AM

Denise:

I believe that Logos uses AWS not Cisco. Around here it used to be everyone in IT had worked for Boeing/UW/Safeco... Now the companies are Microsoft/Amazon/Expedia...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 716
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2019 9:15 PM

Another disappointment:

Posts 716
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 11:19 AM

Here is a new experience: 

This resource is only available outside the US. I am outside of the US but still cannot purchase it.

Posts 528
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 6:14 PM

I get the same thing Sad - not sure when Australia became a part of the US... 

Armin:

Here is a new experience: 

This resource is only available outside the US. I am outside of the US but still cannot purchase it.

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 480
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2019 11:14 AM

I am in Canada and get the same.

Posts 366
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2019 11:49 AM

I am in Texas which thankfully is not part of the US - yet.

Purchase completed.   

Posts 877
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2019 12:14 PM

I'm guessing it's only available within the US. I don't recall that being the case with Logos before - only Faithlife eBooks. Sure others will have examples though, but I've always been able to purchase any book Unwanted in the Logos store. Hope it's not going to be a developing trend - like we used to be able to buy any HarperCollins resource in the Faithlife eBooks store.

Posts 27441
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2019 12:30 PM

Robert Neely:

Purchase completed.   

Are you sure you "purchased" the right thing? 

The bundle in question is in development (so you couldn't have purchased it, but only pre-ordered it).

It is showing up as unavailable to me (Somewhere other than TX in the US Stick out tongue)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 168
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2019 12:57 PM

Not available to me in the UK either. It does look like something must be wrong on the Logos website. 

Posts 366
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2019 1:11 PM

JT (alabama24):

Robert Neely:

Purchase completed.   

Are you sure you "purchased" the right thing? 

The bundle in question is in development (so you couldn't have purchased it, but only pre-ordered it).

It is showing up as unavailable to me (Somewhere other than TX in the US Stick out tongue)

yes you are right.  I “purchased“ the pre-order.  

Even in TX, we have to wait for the release. 

Posts 27441
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2019 1:50 PM

That is weird. Who knows what is going on! Tongue Tied

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS