Default Bible not working in Search

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 51
Dianne Thornton | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:16 AM

I have followed all the instructions for setting my default Bible ... it works in most instances. But for me, not in the search. I set it to NIV in the library/prioritize place. I also check "choose default Bible" on the Home page--which shows the NIV as my preferred Bible ... I closed the app and reopened it. But when I select a new search, it is pulling the NASB. 

I'm on a Mac, High Sierra, and Logos 7.19

Thanks,

Dianne Thornton

Posts 21339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:27 AM

Prioritisation doesn’t affect searches

It sound as though the last Bible you searched was NASB. If you select the NIV instead does that ”stick”?

Posts 51
Dianne Thornton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:29 AM

Nope. I search it occasionally. Always change it to NIV or NLT.

Posts 26709
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:44 AM

Dianne Thornton:
I'm on a Mac, High Sierra, and Logos 7.19

You should migrate to the free L8 engine. This forum will increasingly become a ghost town. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 51
Dianne Thornton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:50 AM

I've been looking for that ... can't find it. Do you have a link?

Posts 21339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:12 AM

Dianne Thornton:

Nope. I search it occasionally. Always change it to NIV or NLT.

just to make sure I understand.

If you have a Bible Search open that is searching the NIV and you close it / restart Logos then when you open another search panel it defaults to NASB. Is that correct?

If so, how are you opening the Search window? Using the search icon, from the command box, from the homepage or something else?

Posts 51
Dianne Thornton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:28 AM

THANK YOU!

Posts 51
Dianne Thornton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:30 AM

When I do a search (from the magnifying glass), it defaults to NASB ... every time. It doesn't matter what version I searched from before. It doesn't matter if I've closed Logos or not. Always NASB.

(per JT ... I did download and update to Logos 8 Basic ... but I'm having the same issue ... my NIV is still my prioritized Bible ... but I don't see anything on the Home Page for that anymore).

Posts 51
Dianne Thornton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:33 AM

Thank you.

Posts 51
Dianne Thornton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 11:34 AM

When I do a search (from the magnifying glass), it defaults to NASB ... every time. It doesn't matter what version I searched from before. It doesn't matter if I've closed Logos or not. Always NASB.

(per JT ... I did download and update to Logos 8 Basic ... but I'm having the same issue ... my NIV is still my prioritized Bible ... but I don't see anything on the Home Page for that anymore).

From the Search box ... NIV is an option to search

Posts 25802
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 2:27 PM

Priority has no effect on what Bible is searched. What you'll see is the last Bible searched (or other resource last used)

In the search panel, when you click on the NASB do you get a drop down list from which you can select the NIV?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS