Price Issues with MM Collections

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1541
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 1 2019 9:52 AM

Faithlife - The dynamic pricing math doesn't add up on many (ALL that I checked!) of these MM Collections (see below example). I assume that this will be addressed before discounts are applied for the contest. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 124
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 2:11 PM

Same here!  But, some of the specials are 'more' special than others.  My favourite is the Genesis Study Collection!  Price of $33.86 for NO additional books...that is really special!

It is actually a bug with the "New to you" calculation!  If you scroll to the bottom of each of the Collection pages you will see resources that truly are N2Y but not showing up in the section near the top of the page.  For example, with the Genesis Collection I do not own the Genesis commentary from "The Old and New Testament Library Series" and it is normally priced at $35.99.

Posts 1
Brian Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 2:15 PM

I've noticed a number of collections like this.  Look at the list at the bottom under More details for the titles with stars.  My collection for 2 Timothy says I have 4 new books but there are 5 with stars.  In my case the missing volume is https://www.logos.com/product/5886/the-pauline-writings which is part of a collection own one volume of.  Is there a bug with partially owned collections?

Posts 128
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 4:06 PM

Hi all,

We're encountering an issue with the PDP that is counting the SRP of an entire collection in the "When you purchase..." section. We're working to fix the issue and will update you when we've deployed a fix.

Dynamic pricing at the top of the page is working correctly.

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 638
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:31 PM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Hi all,

We're encountering an issue with the PDP that is counting the SRP of an entire collection in the "When you purchase..." section. We're working to fix the issue and will update you when we've deployed a fix.

I'm assuming PDP is Prepriatory Darn Program and SRP is Silly Random Picking.Surprise

Posts 638
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:38 PM

What we need is a PLMPMOP-WIWTM! (pronounced plimp mop - why whit em)

Please Let Me Pick My Own Price - What It's Worth To Me!Stick out tongue

Posts 1178
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 6:47 PM

John Kight:
these MM Collections

Where are these collections? I can't seem to find them....

Posts 8813
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 7:06 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

Choose one of the matches and click on the icon and the page will appear.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 638
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 7:51 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

Or click on "See included resources."

Posts 134
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 5:18 AM

All bundles I've seen in the MM promo are overpriced for me. Some of them state:

'Individual products included in this collection are currently sale priced. Purchasing the individual volumes in this collection may be more cost effective than purchasing the collection itself.'

And other ones don't say so but I'm afraid the price of the bundle keeps being far higher than purchasing the individual resources one by one. Thnigs may change once we know the winners but the overprice is so high that I don't expect it to be the case.

So I think dynamic pricing is not working well this time. At least for me.

Thanks.

Posts 9825
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 8:18 AM

Manuel Maria:

I'm afraid the price of the bundle keeps being far higher than purchasing the individual resources one by one. (...)

So I think dynamic pricing is not working well this time.

I don't think you are right. The problem is with showing the "New to you" books and the "you'll get xxx new resources that would cost YYY$" - those are two bugs coming together:

• disregard the "that would cost YYY$" part. There is a bug (I think it's longer standing) with adding up those totals when partly covered bundles are involved.
    Basically in my case the system adds up the four "other" books down below the blue box and then does not count the €70 for the ECC-volume, but the whole €299,08 for the 8 vol ECC series, which gives the €451,26 (one cent rounding difference). This is baloney. 

• the xxx books you get/which are new to you are wrong. If you scroll down to the very bottom, you'll see the stars next to the resources that really are new to you: in my case with the 2 Timothy bundle it's 14 rather than 5 new books.

• If you click the all books instead of new to you, and expand all sub-bundles, you'll see all of those, too.

(not a complet listing above) In my case, these 14 new books would total €398,40. My DP is shown as €377,58, i.e there's a small bundle discount of 5.3%, which is about €21 in my case and DP is working. The price of the bundle is not higher than the total of individual resource - and even if a relatively expensive individual resource was off by 40%, the bundle would still be cheaper (not with the most expensive one, but of course, it always would pay to buy a deeper discounted individual resource first and then buy such a bundle).

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 193
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 11:43 AM

NB.Mick:

Manuel Maria:

I'm afraid the price of the bundle keeps being far higher than purchasing the individual resources one by one. (...)

So I think dynamic pricing is not working well this time.

I don't think you are right. The problem is with showing the "New to you" books and the "you'll get xxx new resources that would cost YYY$" - those are two bugs coming together.

You are right that the number of "New to You" books does not line up with how many are actually new to you. For the 2 Timothy Study Collection, the "New To You" lists I would gain 20 new books, when in reality I would gain 30. However, following the steps you outlined I still come up with a price discrepancy. If I add up the cost of all of the volumes I actually do not own, the price to buy them individually would be $553.72. However, the "dynamic price" is listed at $609.78. There is still something wrong with dynamic pricing.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 193
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 11:48 AM

No, it's not. Please see my previous post above.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 3049
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2019 11:59 AM

Daniel Radke:
If I add up the cost of all of the volumes I actually do not own, the price to buy them individually would be $553.72. However, the "dynamic price" is listed at $609.78. There is still something wrong with dynamic pricing.

Are any of the items on sale? If so, it's possible and normal to buy books individually for less than what the bundle would cost.

A situation like that wouldn't be a problem with dynamic pricing.

Posts 193
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2019 1:40 PM

PetahChristian:

Daniel Radke:
If I add up the cost of all of the volumes I actually do not own, the price to buy them individually would be $553.72. However, the "dynamic price" is listed at $609.78. There is still something wrong with dynamic pricing.

Are any of the items on sale? If so, it's possible and normal to buy books individually for less than what the bundle would cost.

A situation like that wouldn't be a problem with dynamic pricing.

I was going based upon the "Value if sold separately" listed on the 2 Timothy Study Collection page for each individual resource I do not own.

My understanding is that when an item in a collection like this is on sale, it DOES affect your dynamic price. I believe I have seen this effect for base packages (at least).

Posts 3049
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2019 5:56 PM

Daniel Radke:
My understanding is that when an item in a collection like this is on sale, it DOES affect your dynamic price.

Typically not. It is common for individual items to go on sale, but for a collection price to not reflect the sale.

Occasionally there is a disclaimer on a product page, saying "Individual products included in this collection are currently sale priced. Purchasing the individual volumes in this collection may be more cost effective than purchasing the collection itself." But that disclaimer doesn't seem to automatically appear.

The collection itself would have to go on sale to affect your dynamic price, which is what will be happening for March Madness.

Posts 3
RMC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:01 PM

I've noticed the same thing as Daniel.

It's cheaper, in some cases FAR cheaper, to purchase the titles individually than through the dynamically priced bundle. 

For example, the 21 new-to-me resources in the James collection would cost $440.79 to purchase on their own.  The dynamic price at the top of the page is $569.72.  

The 23 new-to-me resources in the Romans collection would cost $622.77 on their own.  The dynamic price is $632.65.

The 41 new-to-me resources in the Revelation collection would cost $663.65 on their own.  Dynamic price is $668.10 

Am I missing something?  It's possible, at least on Romans and Revelation that my math is a little off and it's the same price to purchase either individually or as a bundle - but is that the intent?  I did check the "new to me" issue, and adjusting for that James is priced closer to the dynamic pricing.  Is this what was intended - that the bundles would be priced very close to the full purchase price, and that the MM discount would end up being the "bundle" discount?

Posts 1541
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 6:55 AM

I would like some clear answers on this before we move on to the next round and discounts start to be applied. This seems like a big mess with added confusion layered in between. Is it fixed and can we have confidence that the numbers are correct? I'm still seeing some pretty BIG discrepancies on my end. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 9825
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 7:15 AM

RMC:

It's cheaper, in some cases FAR cheaper, to purchase the titles individually than through the dynamically priced bundle. 

For example, the 21 new-to-me resources in the James collection would cost $440.79 to purchase on their own.  The dynamic price at the top of the page is $569.72.  

Can you share some screenshots? How did you arrive at the 440.79?

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 193
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 7:45 AM

John Kight:

I would like some clear answers on this before we move on to the next round and discounts start to be applied. This seems like a big mess with added confusion layered in between. Is it fixed and can we have confidence that the numbers are correct? I'm still seeing some pretty BIG discrepancies on my end. 

Yes

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS