Read only Revelation

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 55
Theo Lau | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 5 2019 2:30 AM

In Logos 8, when I wanted to read commentaries of Revelation from Library, I typed the word Revelation. But unexpectedly there were Biblical Studies of other Biblical books (such as Ephesians and Romans). What should I type to have only commentaries of Revelation?

Posts 21574
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 2:35 AM

Theo Lau:
What should I type to have only commentaries of Revelation?

Try "subject:revelation" - and you still may get "wider" resources but it should be more focused.

Posts 55
Theo Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 2:38 AM

Even when I typed "Revelation" (with quotation marks), there are still unwanted books such as Mark and Zondervan Dictionary of Biblical Imagery.

Thanks.

Posts 21574
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 2:45 AM

Theo Lau:
Even when I typed "Revelation" (with quotation marks), there are still unwanted books such as Mark and Zondervan Dictionary of Biblical Imagery.

Yes - simply trying individual words (or phrases) without qualification results in Logos searching all the metatdate (descriptive text) associated with the resource. I don't know which Mark you are referring to but in the example below the word "revelation" appears in the description. Hence my recommendation to use the "subject" prefix which forces Logos to just search within the subject text associated with the resource

Posts 2685
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 2:47 AM

Theo Lau:

Thanks.

Did you type "subject:revelation"  as Graham suggested

Sorry Graham i see you have responded

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 55
Theo Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 3:30 AM

Thanks to Graham and Ted. Sorry, I posted before I noticed Graham’s answer. 

Posts 17794
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 3:44 AM

Graham Criddle:

Theo Lau:
What should I type to have only commentaries of Revelation?

Try "subject:revelation" - and you still may get "wider" resources but it should be more focused.

Library subject can be further filtered by clicking Type facet for Bible Commentary (OR use Type:Commentary)

Note: some Commentary volumes have more than Revelation while some others are a subset of Revelation.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1052
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 4:13 AM

I'd do it this way:

Click on the library facet "Bible NT" then the facet for Revelation. Here's what it does with my library:

It might not hit everything but does a pretty good job of filtering out other things you might not want.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 55
Theo Lau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 10:13 PM

Could "Keep Smiling 4 Jesus" show me step by step and give me a clear screenshot? Thanks.

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 11:14 PM

Because revelation is a common theological topic as well as the title of a Bible book, I would use the search filter 'subject:"Bible. N.T. Revelation"' adding --Commentary if that is more precisely what you want.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS