Request to add the Bible in the Romanian language

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 416
George | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 5 2019 7:24 AM

Whom do I need to contact at Logos to get a Bible in my native language added to Logos.  I wrote an email to sales on February 13th regarding this, but no one at Logos has answered it yet.  I guess Logos does not answer emails that are written on the 13th.  Must be bad luck.Smile

I know I can make a personal book Bible, but it comes with the personal book limitations one the biggest being not having it available on the apps.

I will do my best to help Logos make it happen.

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 7:32 AM

Rather than sending this to sales, I would send the email to 

suggest@logos.com

What is your native language?

Posts 416
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 7:41 AM

Fredc:

Rather than sending this to sales, I would send the email to 

suggest@logos.com

There is no point in sending emails if they are not being replied to.

I should probably send it to Bob. :-)

Fredc:
What is your native language?

Romanian

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 10:13 AM

George:

There is no point in sending emails if they are not being replied to.

I should probably send it to Bob. :-)

Emails to sales probably goes into a salesperson's cue. They may or may not have given the request any attention. My experience with sales people is that they are going to spend time on things that has a potential for a sale now rather than later. The suggest email will go to someone responsible for suggestions.

You can always email Bob. I would be very surprised if he did not respond. I would mention the previous email when you do.

Posts 660
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 12:00 PM

Hi George,

Feel free to send an e-mail my way at thomas.reiter@faithlife.com and I'll see what I can do! While I can't make any promises (since there are multiple factors involved like licensing, technical, etc.), we are wanting to make an intentional effort this year in increasing our Bible language coverage beyond what we already offer.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 1:08 PM

George:

Whom do I need to contact at Logos to get a Bible in my native language added to Logos.  I wrote an email to sales on February 13th regarding this, but no one at Logos has answered it yet.  I guess Logos does not answer emails that are written on the 13th.  Must be bad luck.Smile

I know I can make a personal book Bible, but it comes with the personal book limitations one the biggest being not having it available on the apps.

I will do my best to help Logos make it happen.

Perhaps you've heard of "If you build it, they will come"? Logos operates by "If they come, we will build it". It's called PrePub.

Posts 416
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 1:40 PM

Thomas Reiter (Faithlife):
Feel free to send an e-mail my way at thomas.reiter@faithlife.com 

Done!

Thank you.  I appreciate your help!

Grace and peace!

Posts 416
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 1:45 PM

David Paul:
Perhaps you've heard of "If you build it, they will come"? Logos operates by "If they come, we will build it". It's called PrePub.

I'll build it myself if they publish it.Smile

Posts 18010
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 3:21 PM

While I can't make any promises (since there are multiple factors involved like licensing, technical, etc.), we are wanting to make an intentional effort this year in increasing our Bible language coverage beyond what we already offer.

Thankful for Logos.com having 346 Bibles => https://www.logos.com/products/search?Resource+Type=Bibles in 28 languages

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 416
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 3:33 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
hankful for Logos.com having 346 Bibles => https://www.logos.com/products/search?Resource+Type=Bibles in 28 languages

Yes. I am happy for those who have the Bible in their own language.  I am just advocating for more happiness.Smile

Posts 758
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2019 3:52 PM

Hi George,

Feel free to send an e-mail my way at thomas.reiter@faithlife.com and I'll see what I can do! While I can't make any promises (since there are multiple factors involved like licensing, technical, etc.), we are wanting to make an intentional effort this year in increasing our Bible language coverage beyond what we already offer.

Perhaps Faithlife could team up with Wycliffe.  Wycliffe has a primary objective of bringing the Bible to every language in the world (within reasonable limits).  One of the men in my church trains native speakers of various languages to build web pages in those languages.  These web pages will provide written scripture, audio mp3's of people reading in these languages, and even, if they are available, links to online Jesus Films and related videos.

It is a great blessing to small people groups.  In many cases, it is the first time that they have seen a web page in their own language.  A lot of these people have phones with web access, but none of the internet is in their language.

The translated scriptures should be under the copyright control of Wycliffe.  Perhaps a small crew of people could be enlisted to transcribe these native Bibles into Logos format.  People could download Logos and install a Bible in their language which would provide verse lookup and reading plans.  Those who had some facility in English could employ the Faithlife Study Bible or even go on to get a package of some type.

Posts 306
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 12:49 AM

David A Egolf:

Hi George,

Perhaps Faithlife could team up with Wycliffe.  Wycliffe has a primary objective of bringing the Bible to every language in the world (within reasonable limits).  One of the men in my church trains native speakers of various languages to build web pages in those languages.  These web pages will provide written scripture, audio mp3's of people reading in these languages, and even, if they are available, links to online Jesus Films and related videos.

It is a great blessing to small people groups.  In many cases, it is the first time that they have seen a web page in their own language.  A lot of these people have phones with web access, but none of the internet is in their language.

The translated scriptures should be under the copyright control of Wycliffe.  Perhaps a small crew of people could be enlisted to transcribe these native Bibles into Logos format.  People could download Logos and install a Bible in their language which would provide verse lookup and reading plans.  Those who had some facility in English could employ the Faithlife Study Bible or even go on to get a package of some type.

TheWord Bible software has done that. Through partnership with www.scriptureearth.org (by Wycliffe) they offer hundreds of Bibles in "indigenous" languages. Wycliffe seems to provide the Bible translations under a creative commons license. They probably would be able to provide the Bibles in a format that would make conversion quite easy to automate. TheWord is more or less a one-man-show, they were able to do it, maybe with help of some volunteers. This would only help a limited number of people, many of those languages are probably quite small groups. Nonetheless, the limited effort needed might make it worth it. The greater need for Logos is probably for languages like Romanian that have a sizable number of speakers, often with an established church and Bible translations owned by national Bible societies rather than organizations like Wycliffe.

Posts 416
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 5:01 AM

Bernhard:
This would only help a limited number of people, many of those languages are probably quite small groups.

Indeed. Also some of these groups cannot read or write in their own language. 

Back to our topic. There are over 20 million Romanians and most of them can even read and write. Smile

Some of them even use Logos!

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 5:09 AM

George:

Back to our topic. There are over 20 million Romanians and most of them can even read and write. Smile

Some of them even use Logos!

George, thanks for this thread.  I have a similar interest in seeing the Polish Bible in Logos format.  There are a number of Polish believers using Logos and permission has already been given to get at least one translation in Logos format.  As a result of your inquiry, we learned who to contact at Faithlife to set in motion what hopefully will be a Polish translation.  I am hoping to see a Romanian translation as well.  So thanks for your thread.

Posts 2372
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 6:35 AM

Hi George,

This is great news!

I already suggested it via the forum more than a year ago, and I'm very glad something is happening in this direction now.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/156202.aspx

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 416
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2019 8:39 AM

Jan Krohn:
I already suggested it via the forum more than a year ago

It was suggested all the way back in 2011.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/33644/251631.aspx#251631

Posts 416
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2019 12:54 PM

I'll see what I can do!

Thomas,

On behalf all the users who have been waiting for the Romanian Bible, I would like to thank you for answering my email and getting things going.

Sincerely,

George

Posts 416
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2019 12:32 PM

Any progress in getting a Romanian Bible for Logos?

Posts 660
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2019 2:59 PM

George:

Any progress in getting a Romanian Bible for Logos?

Yes, although not as much as I would have liked to (I was out of the office for paternity leave a couple of months ago and feel like I am still playing catch-up from then). My goal is to have a number of new language Bibles up by the end of this year. I apologize for the delay on this.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS