George | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2020 7:28 AM

Closer?

Posts 425
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 1:20 PM

Any closer?

Posts 707
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 7:11 PM

Apologies for the silence, I have been unexpectedly out of the office for a while. My wife broke her ankle during the "annual Bellingham snowpocalypse"(I.e. the one time a year we get more than a dusting of snow and everything comes to a standstill), so I have been swamped taking care of her and our four month old for a while. This has thrown my previous plan a bit for a loop and I am hesitant to give a new public timeline, but it is still on my to do list.

Manager, New Languages

Posts 3
Emi Ciupe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2020 9:10 AM

Hello Thomas. Thank you for your work. We can't wait to have a romanian bible translation in Logos.

Posts 1
Favian-Ioel Poputa | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2020 10:11 AM

Hi Thomas, I'm very happy to see you and your team working on this, I can't wait to use a Romanian translation.

Have a healthy year Thomas!

Posts 4
Adrian Petre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2020 8:56 PM

Hi, Thomas!

Any updates on a Romanian Bible in Logos? 

Almost 9 (nine!) years ago I began inquiring for the possibility of having a Romanian Bible in Logos (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/42808/318649.aspx#318649). I continued asking (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/75985/531569.aspx#531569) and asking (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/169318/979070.aspx#979070). Then I sent a message to Bob Pritchett and received a promising reply from Phil Gons. I am happy to see that you are working on a Romanian version of the Bible in Logos. I suppose you are not tagging every word of  the Bible––this would be an interesting project and there would be several users willing to help––so it should not take so long in having a simple version available. Please do not delay it. There are many Romanian Logos users and, if you want to extend your influence more, we should also have several Romanian versions in Logos to answers the needs of all such users, either Protestant, Orthodox, or Catholic. Thank you for your effort and I hope to have a Romanian version by the end of this year. 

Posts 707
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2020 10:10 PM

Thank you all for the encouraging words. We are actively working with both the Romanian and British and Foreign Bible Society on this project, in an attempt to license this title. All parties are eager to pursue this project, nevertheless contractual questions at times pose a significant challenge to getting these things done, as we work through open questions.

Nevertheless, I am hopeful that we can make progress on this. For the moment being, I ask you all to hold tight just a bit longer.

Manager, New Languages

Posts 4
Adrian Petre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2020 11:04 PM

Thank you for your reply. Praying so that the whole process may move smoother forward!

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS