Announcement: Ship Date for Galaxie's Theological Journal Library, vols. 1-20

Page 1 of 4 (75 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 74 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 12
LogosEmployee
Thom Blair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 8 2019 11:22 AM

We're pleased to announce that Galaxie's Theological Journal Library, vols. 1-20 will be shipping on March 22, 2019. From the product page:

Theological journals make it possible to participate in the cutting edge of biblical and theological research. While commentaries often represent the essential scholarly views for biblical, exegetical, cultural and historical questions, even the greatest of commentators rely heavily upon the cumulation of knowledge of their peers. Journal articles zoom in on specific historical, exegetical, and theological topics and tease out the details in a way that is not possible in other academic genres. The Theological Journal Library brings much of the same research, discussion and debate relied upon by commentators like Grant Osborne, Craig Keener, and Gordon J. Wenham and places it at your fingertips.

https://www.logos.com/product/156048/galaxies-theological-journal-library-vols-1-20

Posts 207
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 11:26 AM

It's about time.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 11:36 AM

Glad to hear this. Sadly it is already out of date.

When can we expect to be able to order the most recent updates?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3234
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 1:31 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

We're pleased to announce that Galaxie's Theological Journal Library, vols. 1-20 will be shipping on March 22, 2019. From the product page:

Theological journals make it possible to participate in the cutting edge of biblical and theological research. While commentaries often represent the essential scholarly views for biblical, exegetical, cultural and historical questions, even the greatest of commentators rely heavily upon the cumulation of knowledge of their peers. Journal articles zoom in on specific historical, exegetical, and theological topics and tease out the details in a way that is not possible in other academic genres. The Theological Journal Library brings much of the same research, discussion and debate relied upon by commentators like Grant Osborne, Craig Keener, and Gordon J. Wenham and places it at your fingertips.

https://www.logos.com/product/156048/galaxies-theological-journal-library-vols-1-20

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to see that you haven't given completely up on journals yet.  One question though, previously on the forums it was mentioned that logos might release journals with less bells and whistles. Will these be like previous journals or will they have less functionality?

Posts 8941
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 1:45 PM

Amazing! Thank you very much!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 2:58 PM

Mark Smith:
When can we expect to be able to order the most recent updates?

Galaxie has historically had an annual release schedule, usually every October/November. We'll target that for the next release, if that's what they're still doing, now that we've worked the kinks out of the process. The next time around should be much more straightforward and shouldn't even need to go through Pre-Pub.

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 3:10 PM

Bruce Dunning:

You're welcome! It's been quite the journey. Thanks for bearing with us with patience and grace.

Posts 979
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 3:13 PM

Sure glad I bought these back in the Galaxie days. I have vols 1-14 already and my dynamic pricing is still $554.81. I'm not sure what happened to Logos being able to maintain the $50 per year price when this abridged collection costs far more than that. Sorry Logos, my wallet is staying closed on these.

Posts 3234
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 3:36 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Bruce Dunning:

You're welcome! It's been quite the journey. Thanks for bearing with us with patience and grace.

Mr Phil

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to see that you haven't given completely up on journals yet.  One question though, previously on the forums it was mentioned that logos might release journals with less bells and whistles. Will these be like previous journals or will they have less functionality?

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 3:56 PM

Mattillo:
Will these be like previous journals or will they have less functionality?

According to the product page they are fully tagged.

This journal bundle fully integrates with the Logos Journal Feature and includes specialized tagging by author, passage, and topic.

I'm very grateful and excited for this and future releases.

Posts 3234
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:11 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Mattillo:

This journal bundle fully integrates with the Logos Journal Feature and includes specialized tagging by author, passage, and topic.

Awesome! I would have bought it anyway but was curious... Thanks :)

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:54 PM

Mattillo:

Randy W. Sims:

Mattillo:

This needs a little nuance. We're in the process of updating the details on the product page, and we'll make sure to include those details in our last-chance email that everyone will receive early next week.

There are two groups of resources included in this product: (1) those that Logos has a license to and has produced to our normal standards (i.e., the ones in this productand (2) those that only Galaxie has a license to and has produced themselves, with some guidance and input from us.

The first group is exactly what you would expect.

The second group hasn't gone through the exact same process. We'll provide a description soon of the ways they're different, but I'll hit the hit points here.

How They're the Same

1. They have the same label tagging, which means you'll be able to run label searches in them just like you can in the journals we produce.
  2. They'll show up in the Journals guide section in the same way journals we produce do.

How They're Different

1. They won't have as many links to other Logos resources.
  2. They haven't been as carefully checked for typos, quality issues, etc. But historically Galaxie has been very responsive to issues and shipping updates. (I say this as the former top typo reporter for Galaxie journals. :) )

All in all, you should still get the same core experience. Going this route meant we could ship this to you now rather than waiting months or longer for additional funding.

Look for a more detailed description of the differences early next week.

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 5:06 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Phil, I am sorry, but I am confused.  When I click on what is new to me, I see that all the new volumes that I do not yet have, have not yet been produced.  So the only thing that will download for people are journals that have already been available.  Can you please comment?

Posts 149
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 5:54 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

Randy W. Sims:

Mattillo:

This needs a little nuance. We're in the process of updating the details on the product page, and we'll make sure to include those details in our last-chance email that everyone will receive early next week.

There are two groups of resources included in this product: (1) those that Logos has a license to and has produced to our normal standards (i.e., the ones in this productand (2) those that only Galaxie has a license to and has produced themselves, with some guidance and input from us.

The first group is exactly what you would expect.

The second group hasn't gone through the exact same process. We'll provide a description soon of the ways they're different, but I'll hit the hit points here.

How They're the Same

1. They have the same label tagging, which means you'll be able to run label searches in them just like you can in the journals we produce.
  2. They'll show up in the Journals guide section in the same way journals we produce do.

How They're Different

1. They won't have as many links to other Logos resources.
  2. They haven't been as carefully checked for typos, quality issues, etc. But historically Galaxie has been very responsive to issues and shipping updates. (I say this as the former top typo reporter for Galaxie journals. :) )

All in all, you should still get the same core experience. Going this route meant we could ship this to you now rather than waiting months or longer for additional funding.

Look for a more detailed description of the differences early next week.

What is the status of the 4.1 bundles now mentioned in your post? They were scheduled to be released quarterly. The poor response apparently does not make that viable.  These bundles have sat for nearly a year in pre-pub. What's the plan for their future? |

Will all bundles be a November/December release if Galaxie maintains its schedule in one bundle to rule them all with the 4.1, 5.1, 6.1's all getting the #1 tagging and the Galaxie stuff #2 tagging?

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 6:40 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Galaxie has historically had an annual release schedule, usually every October/November. We'll target that for the next release,

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
shouldn't even need to go through Pre-Pub.

Both statements are music to my ears, Phil. Thank you.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 6:58 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

Thom, all 49 new volumes...according to the products page, they will NOT be shipping on March 22 because the resources are not yet available.  Doesn't that mean that this product is not ready to be shipping?  Is there a time frame on WHEN those new 49 resources will be available? 

Posts 149
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 7:00 PM

I would say our desire for some action prevented them from refraining much longer. I'd prefer they ship now and add as they can since November is a ways out there for the next Galaxie release.

Posts 149
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 7:02 PM

Mark Smith:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Galaxie has historically had an annual release schedule, usually every October/November. We'll target that for the next release,

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
shouldn't even need to go through Pre-Pub.

Both statements are music to my ears, Phil. Thank you.

I hope so, but we've been promised quarterly releases previously. Plans don't always come to fruition. At least we have something!

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 8:20 PM

Mark:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Phil, I am sorry, but I am confused.  When I click on what is new to me, I see that all the new volumes that I do not yet have, have not yet been produced.  So the only thing that will download for people are journals that have already been available.  Can you please comment?

I‘m not sure what you’re seeing, but all of the volumes in the collection have been produced and will ship to users in two weeks on March 22.

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 8 2019 8:40 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
I‘m not sure what you’re seeing, but all of the volumes in the collection have been produced and will ship to users in two weeks on March 22.

I am seeing an asterisk after all 49 new resources.  At the bottom of the page, it says "* Your purchase includes this resource, which isn’t available yet. The resource will automatically download to Logos once it’s available."

Is it possible that the website needs to be updated?

Page 1 of 4 (75 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS