Announcement: Ship Date for Galaxie's Theological Journal Library, vols. 1-20

Page 4 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 74 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 682
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 10:41 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

There were six new volumes added that came in since we posted the collection. Mark's list is correct.

We decided to include them rather than waiting until the next version, which we figured you'd appreciate. :)

I have high confidence that you are correct! I for one will appreciate all I can get!

Shalom

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 10:45 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

There were six new volumes added that came in since we posted the collection. Mark's list is correct.

We decided to include them rather than waiting until the next version, which we figured you'd appreciate. :)

I think an email is going out today, but it'll check with the team and confirm

Many thanks for the info

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 3:29 PM

Really happy you’re seriously considering crowdsourcing improving links. That’s a positive move.

Posts 119
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2019 11:39 PM

Mark Barnes:

Really happy 

I am just really happy something is finally happening. I was about ready to bail! Thanks, Phil! Sorry, for my earlier rhetoric. It has a context that should never have been dragged into this thread let alone existing at all in my heart, but I was clearly upset about something else and needed a place to vent. The cross is a much better place for that!

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2019 12:57 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Another possibility is that we'll provide better tooling to crowd-source this tagging. I have something I'd like to prototype with some folks in the next month or so.

THANKYOU! I'm waiting to jump into the deep end. 😉

Posts 119
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 7:32 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
A little more detail on this: The Galaxie-produced journals (i.e., the ones that don't overlap with the MJB) get Bible data type reference tagging, but they don't get tagging for other data types like Apostolic Fathers, Calvin's Institutes, etc. They also don't get hyperlinks to articles in other Logos resources. It's possible that we could recycle them in the future to add these tags, but there's no guarantee that will happen. Another possibility is that we'll provide better tooling to crowd-source this tagging. I have something I'd like to prototype with some folks in the next month or so.

What about the reverse? Will the other resources I purchased from FL that are supposed to have full tagging have the proper hyperlinks to resources in the Galaxie Library that is not in the other bundles like JETS?

I notice some of the time I see some hyperlinks to JETS going to the buy the Galaxie Bundle, but most of the time there are no hyperlinks and I am forced to do it manually.

Posts 9
LogosEmployee
Thom Blair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 2:44 PM

The Galaxie's Theological Journal Library, vols. 1-20 will be shipping today, as planned. An issue we recently caught with 6 of the 900+ vols. means those 6 are shipping without tagging for the journal label, but this will be resolved with updates to those files in the next couple of weeks. We didn't want to make you wait any longer for this helpful collection. For reference, those files are:

LLS:JGES29        Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society, vol. 29 (en)
LLS:JODT19        Journal of Dispensational Theology, Volume 19, Nos. 56–58 (en)
LLS:JODT20        Journal of Dispensational Theology, Volume 20, Nos. 59–61 (en)
LLS:JMAT18        Journal of Ministry and Theology, vol. 18 (en)
LLS:JMAT19        Journal of Ministry and Theology, vol. 19 (en)
LLS:JMAT20        Journal of Ministry and Theology, vol. 20 (en)

Apologies for the delay and this minor issue, to be resolved soon. Thanks!

Posts 8858
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 5:26 PM

Mine has arrived and has finished indexing! Big Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 368
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 5:34 PM

Woo hoo!! they are here!

Posts 1933
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 6:21 PM

Thank you

Posts 119
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 8:05 PM

So wonderful after such a prolonged effort! God Bless!

Posts 3115
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2019 8:42 AM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

The Galaxie's Theological Journal Library, vols. 1-20 will be shipping today, as planned. An issue we recently caught with 6 of the 900+ vols. means those 6 are shipping without tagging for the journal label, but this will be resolved with updates to those files in the next couple of weeks. We didn't want to make you wait any longer for this helpful collection. For reference, those files are:

LLS:JGES29        Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society, vol. 29 (en)
LLS:JODT19        Journal of Dispensational Theology, Volume 19, Nos. 56–58 (en)
LLS:JODT20        Journal of Dispensational Theology, Volume 20, Nos. 59–61 (en)
LLS:JMAT18        Journal of Ministry and Theology, vol. 18 (en)
LLS:JMAT19        Journal of Ministry and Theology, vol. 19 (en)
LLS:JMAT20        Journal of Ministry and Theology, vol. 20 (en)

Apologies for the delay and this minor issue, to be resolved soon. Thanks!

Any updates on this sir?

Posts 1
Dennis W Ashley, Sr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 30 2019 4:32 PM

I have "The Theological Journal Library CD" Volumes 1-8, which were created for Libronix, by Galaxie.  I have the CDs with the Serial #s.  How do I get the these loaded in into a new computer with Logos 8?  Do I need to use the CDs to install the Libronix? Will I get some type of discount if I upgrade to this latest product, which I may do but not now?    

Posts 10486
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 6:51 AM

Dennis W Ashley, Sr:
How do I get the these loaded in into a new computer with Logos 8?

Contact Customer Service—either by email, or better by phone. See https://faithlife.com/contact 

Dennis W Ashley, Sr:
Will I get some type of discount if I upgrade to this latest product, which I may do but not now?    

Once FL has activated the license for the resources on those CDs, you will get credit for them when purchasing a later version. That is, your cost will be reduced by a percentage based on the value of those resources compared with the value of everything in the package—That is Dynamic Pricing.

Posts 250
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 9:46 AM

Dennis W Ashley, Sr:

I have "The Theological Journal Library CD" Volumes 1-8, which were created for Libronix, by Galaxie.  I have the CDs with the Serial #s.  How do I get the these loaded in into a new computer with Logos 8?  Do I need to use the CDs to install the Libronix? Will I get some type of discount if I upgrade to this latest product, which I may do but not now?    

Dennis, these products were activated to your account some time ago.  There is no need to use the CDs at all, these resources should automatically download from the Internet anytime you install the current version of Logos software. 

Please contact Customer Support if these resources are unavailable for you in Logos 8 even after indexing has completed. 

Any discount you are entitled to because you own these products will be applied automatically anytime you browse logos.com while you are signed in as yourself.

Page 4 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS