Saving a blog post to Logos??

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3
Micah Heist | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 12 2019 10:48 AM

I'm fairly new to Logos, However, a blog popped up today that is extremely relevant to my topic that I will be teaching this week. Can I save the blog article into my Logos library?? Or can I find it within my Logos resources?? Or is the only way to copy and paste into my notes?? 

Thank you for any help

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 12:54 PM

I assume you mean a blog article on the Logos HomePage. If that is the case, the easiest thing to do would be to create a hyperlink to that article in a Note document

Posts 21935
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 12:54 PM

Hi Micah - and welcome to Logos and to these forums

Micah Heist:
However, a blog popped up today that is extremely relevant to my topic that I will be teaching this week. Can I save the blog article into my Logos library??

One way would be to create a link to the post in your Favorites - then you can easily get back to it when you need to.

For details set https://wiki.logos.com/Favorites#Adding_Internet_links_to_Favorites (this was written for an earlier version of Logos but the principles are still the same)

Does this help?

Graham

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 8:48 PM

Graham beat me to the answer I was going to give.  Use favorites.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 3
Micah Heist | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2019 5:29 PM

Thank you so much, that was what I was looking for

Posts 3
Micah Heist | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2019 5:30 PM

Thank you

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 4:04 AM

The best way is actually to turn them into a PBB (perzonal book in docx format that can be compiled to Logos books.) If you put it there, many verses will be automatically parsed, meaning that when you hover/click you can see the verse and more importantly you can perform search and for example ask which blog posts has references to gen 1.

I have my own program that turns the whole Logos blog into a PBB. But since I don't own the copyright of the content I cannot redistribute it. Unless someone from Logos officially green light it (for me to upload a PBB of Logos blog content on Logos forum but not somewhere else), you need to write your own program to do so, or just manually copy and paste for those articles you find interesting.

Posts 898
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 6:38 AM

Kolen Cheung:

The best way is actually to turn them into a PBB (perzonal book in docx format that can be compiled to Logos books.) If you put it there, many verses will be automatically parsed, meaning that when you hover/click you can see the verse and more importantly you can perform search and for example ask which blog posts has references to gen 1.

I have my own program that turns the whole Logos blog into a PBB. But since I don't own the copyright of the content I cannot redistribute it. Unless someone from Logos officially green light it (for me to upload a PBB of Logos blog content on Logos forum but not somewhere else), you need to write your own program to do so, or just manually copy and paste for those articles you find interesting.

Could you share the program itself? Logos has allowed similar things to that before.

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 2:42 PM

What are the similar things?

This could results in abuse / overload of server so the best way is really one single person scrapping it and release it under their term. It is sort of reasonable to expect one to release only in this forum which is also under logos.com domain. Links to resources, sharing links are also preserved so there’s hopefully no reason to believe this is circumventing some of the info on the web (some site owners doesn’t even release RSS so that people will go to there sites for ads.)

Also my program needs a bunch of dependencies, command like only, so it requires some technical knowledge in order to run it.

My program in principle can obtain all the images too but personally I only include the text only to reduce server load.

There’s an alternative, Calibre can turn RSS into book including docx. But rss only include recent posts so if one just want to start collecting logos blog post from now on you could try calibre.

Posts 884
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2019 2:50 PM

Also many logos blog posts has excerpts to books or bible magazine, etc. Their purpose is to get you enough interest so that they can sell you those resources. So it might not be their best interest to allow one to have the whole blog available inside Logos.

or the flip side is they might want to reserve their rights to release an official resource for the blog like they did for bible magazine.

ie unless people from Faithlife green light this I don’t think I will share it.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS