Biblical text moving to other than selected text

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Steven Maunder | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 5 2010 8:39 PM

Sometime when I enter a certain text in the passage guide it will initially go to that text, then as it finishes loading it will change.  An example is Gen. 1:1-31.  When I select this it starts there, then as the passage guide loads it goes to the very end of the passage of scripture.  I'm thinking that when a text is selected for study, it would be nice to start at the beginning.  It has done similar thing on other passages occasionally.

Posts 1883
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2010 12:18 AM

Not sure how to help you but I would caution you to change your display name for the forum, it can be mined by spammers who want to grab email addresses. This explains how http://wiki.logos.com/Changing_Forum_Display_Name

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 3198
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2010 12:12 PM

I

snomad33@gmail.com:

Sometime when I enter a certain text in the passage guide it will initially go to that text, then as it finishes loading it will change.  An example is Gen. 1:1-31.  When I select this it starts there, then as the passage guide loads it goes to the very end of the passage of scripture.  I'm thinking that when a text is selected for study, it would be nice to start at the beginning.  It has done similar thing on other passages occasionally.

(My emphasis above)

nomad33:

I think we will need more precise language with your question. I am not sure what exactly "it" is in this sentence. Are you doing a search from Passage guide, or from the HomePage? What exactly is occurring that you don't think should be and what exactly is occurring? When I do the search from either location I do not see anything out of the ordinary.

Posts 12
Steven Maunder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:28 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by more precise,but i"ll try.

I load a passage guide.  In the case of Gen. 1etc. the Scripture shown when it starts loading is the beginning of the passage.  By the time it gets done loading the Scripture shown is the end of the passage.  Now when I study a passage I usually start at the beginning of said passage.  This is not debilitating, just annoying.

Posts 3198
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:56 PM

snomad33:

Where is the scripture you are refering to? If I open a Passage Guide only, and run a passage guide the passage itself is not displayed anywhere. I have to open a Bible and link the two in order for a bible of some kind to navigate to the passage I am searching in Passage Guide.

Posts 12
Steven Maunder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2010 4:56 PM

Ok, I start on the home page.  I enter Gen. 1:1-31 and press GO.  The Passage Guide appears on the left of the screen.  In the upper center is where the ESV appears.  When the Passage Guide begins to load, Gen. 1:1 is the first verse in that window.  Then as the Passage Guide finishes loading, that window moves to the end of the chapter.  Why? It seems to me that the scripture shown should be at the beginning of the passage selected.

Posts 19699
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2010 5:02 PM

This is strange. It doesn't happen this way for me. Gen 1:1 is showing in my Bible window (TNIV) when the passage guide is done being generated. Maybe this is a problem with the Mac version only? (I'm using the Windows version, and I realize the Mac version is still in Alpha so might be lagging behind in a few areas.) Someone else will need to weigh in on this from the Mac side and see if they're having the same problem.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS