If I had 50 Million dollars: How to Help Logos Bible Software

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6784
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 5 2010 9:50 PM

If I had 50 million dollars to spare, here is how I would help Logos and its users.

Invest 7 million dollars in putting the prepub books into production. Starting with those I am interested in. When they are finished, the users would have six months to a year (part of the deal with Logos) to pay for the resources that they ordered on prepub. This is necessary since a lot of books would be shipping at the same time. As each book is shipped, I get a small portion of the cost to repay the interest free "loan". That way Logos can begin production without being concerned with whether or not they will make their money back. If everyone cancels out, then I lose my money.

The next step is to make a 3 million dollar donation to ward some of the more popular but costly volumes, so that the price is cut significantly. This will include base packages. 

The reason for the last decision is the more people who buy the volumes, the lower the cost, which in turn results in more purchases. This will bring on more publishers, which will draw a larger customer base. This results in Logos needing a smaller markup, (not saying it is large now) but if their customer base were to increase by 400% they could cut their markup tremendously and still have money to spare. 1% of $1,000,000.00 is $10,000.00..  .50% of $10,000,000.00  is $50,000.00.

How would you help Logos if you had $50,000,000.00?

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 5 2010 10:39 PM

Hey Lynden,

Unless I'm missing something, you only used 10 of your 50 million.  What did you do with the other 40 million? ;-)

Posts 6784
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2010 3:23 AM

Not giving the entire thing to Logos, but I would need about 50 to give away what I did. What would you do?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2010 4:15 AM

I would buy logos....then Bob P would answer to me! Devil

"...Hey Bob....My Half-caf-mocha-latte-macciato is getting cold...would you rectify that asap?"

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2010 8:52 AM

Robert Pavich:
I would buy logos

50 million does seem like a lot of money but for some reason.....I have a strange feeling like that would not be enough.  Confused 

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2010 8:58 AM

I would use the first $2,000 or so and upgrade to the top package. Then spend a little more to add some other Commentaries and books and the like.

With the rest, I would do something else, and hope that Logos would continue to deliver good products to its paying customers, and address some of the big outstanding issues and design faults.

Posts 39
Peter Banks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2010 9:33 AM

Half or 2/3rds  would be donated so the pbb files (public domain stuff) would come as part of the standard packages (leaders and above).

The other half or 2/3rds would be put into scholarships to pastors, & students would get the tools they need.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2010 10:45 AM

Lynden Williams:
How would you help Logos if you had $50,000,000.00?

1. I'd order everything on Pre-Pub. (wait, I've almost already done that!) *
  2. I'd order everything already in the published catalog. (This might exhaust the money, I never calculated it.) *
  3. I would tag all the PBBs and include them in all base packages.
  4. Finally: I'd make Camp Logos training available FREE to all who purchase Scholar Gold thru Portfolio Edition.  (It is a shame to own such a powerful Bible study program and be unaware of the many capabilities. Until I went to Camp Logos, I had no idea the program offered so many possibilities. And I am still learning of more.)

*  Please consider my selfish act of buying everything actually helps Logos. Wink
                                                     (Now you know the money is gone.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6784
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2010 5:20 PM

Thanks everyone for you response.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:14 PM

Lynden Williams:
Not giving the entire thing to Logos, but I would need about 50 to give away what I did.

Ahh...now I see what you meant.  Thanks Smile

Lynden Williams:
What would you do?

I honestly have no idea.  I'd have to think about it for a while.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS