Bug: When changing Auto Download New from NO to YES

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24138
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 16 2019 6:52 AM

I purchased two new resources (The Epistles to the Ephesians and the Colossians - LLS:NICNT70EPH2 + The Companion Bible - LLS:COMPANIONBIBLE). With Auto Download New  = NO, there was no Notification. They were treated as Cloud resources. I restarted Logos and still no Notification.

I purchased another resource (The Dictionary of the Apostolic Church - LLS:DACHAST01) after I had changed Auto Download New  to YES. But I received a Notification for two resource updates (The Dictionary + The Epistles). When I checked the Companion Bible it said "Cancel Download" (I expected "Download"). Then I saw there was a 30.9 MB download (in Settings) and noticed that The Works of Philo (LLS:GREEKPHILO) was Last Updated along with the new resources i.e. Today.

I allowed the 30.9 MB download, it began indexing The Companion Bible, and I received an update Notification for that resource. Which means that two Cloud resources had been downloaded without my involvement, and I don't know how Greek Philo (Cloud resource) got downloaded.

3480.Logos (2).zip

EDIT: Here are some times FYI

Last Updated    Ordered

(Catalog)           (Email time)

The Epistles              17:11:01                16:42

The Companion        17:22:32                16:42      

The Dictionary           17:11:24                17.08

Greek Philo               17:11:24                 Cloud (not New)

EDIT2: From the log

2019-03-16 17:10:57.3962 47 Info InstallResourceUpdateStage Moving resource from 'D:\Logos\Data\jq1gjtks.jqy\UpdateManager\Resources\8384\GREEKPHILO.logos4' to 'D:\Logos\Data\jq1gjtks.jqy\ResourceManager\Downloaded\LLS_COMPANIONBIBLE\GREEKPHILO.logos4'.
2019-03-16 17:10:57.4042 47 Info InstallResourceUpdateStage (886ms) Patching (empty) with D:\Logos\Data\jq1gjtks.jqy\UpdateManager\Resources\8384\GREEKPHILO.logos4.lbsevp.

How did GreekPhilo get loaded with LLS_COMPANIONBIBLE (folder \8384\ is mentioned earlier in connection with both).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2798
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2019 10:07 AM

So the problem is that Logos downloaded everything that you hadn't downloaded whereas you expected it to only download everything that became available to download after the setting change?

Posts 24138
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2019 4:14 PM

After the Setting change, it downloaded two Cloud resources I had recently purchased. If it downloaded 'everything' (all my Cloud resources) that would have been 1900 resources! After the Setting change, it should only have downloaded the third (new) resource I purchased.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS