What are the March Madness "must haves?"

Page 1 of 5 (93 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 92 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1169
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 18 2019 6:08 PM

So there are quite a few deals, I know it is not done yet but what are some of the must have's (in your opinion) 

Posts 589
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 10:40 PM

This one. It came out over the winter. Well organized and thorough.

https://www.logos.com/product/165272/discovering-the-new-testament-an-introduction-to-its-background-theology-and-themes

Posts 1812
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2019 10:56 PM

Ted Weis:

It's an inhouse Lexham production....I always assume inhouse's price should be way cheaper when being sold here. Even Kindle's price is $5.99. Logos could do better at pricing them. My 2 cents

Posts 616
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 4:16 AM

I was glad to see Motyer's Isaiah made the sale.  It has been on my list for a while.  D.A. Carson highly recommends him.

https://www.logos.com/product/601/the-prophecy-of-isaiah 

Posts 6
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 4:27 AM

Extremely illuminating discussion of Job, IMO:

https://www.logos.com/product/169457/job

Posts 1737
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 8:07 AM

My wishlist is basically BestCommentaries.com or Tim Challies Recommended top 5 for each biblical book. These are the 5 that I lack that are on sale

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2451
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 10:22 AM

Any enterprising soul willing to do a list of best-5 or best-10 highlighting the resources on sale?

Posts 435
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 11:45 AM

IMO, if you don't already have them . . . 

• The NICOT or NICNT editions.
  • The John Walton resources
  • Some of the New Studies in Biblical Theology resources are great (I say some because there are several I haven't read, maybe all of them are great). 
  • Harpers Bible Dictionary
  • IVP Dictionaries (e.g., Old Testament: Pentateuch, Paul and His Letters)
  • NIGTC
  • Blomberg on the gospels
  • Keener on Romans
  • Schreiner on Paul
  • Abasciano two volumes on Romans 9

(That's not to say I endorse all this stuff. I find Walton's scheme to be barely coherent, I think Abasciano is wrong, etc. But I've found these resources to be helpful or, at least, very influential and, therefore, worth being familiar with.)

Posts 3009
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 1:39 PM

J. Remington Bowling:

IMO, if you don't already have them . . . 

• The NICOT or NICNT editions.
  • The John Walton resources
  • Some of the New Studies in Biblical Theology resources are great (I say some because there are several I haven't read, maybe all of them are great). 
  • Harpers Bible Dictionary
  • IVP Dictionaries (e.g., Old Testament: Pentateuch, Paul and His Letters)
  • NIGTC
  • Blomberg on the gospels
  • Keener on Romans
  • Schreiner on Paul
  • Abasciano two volumes on Romans 9

(That's not to say I endorse all this stuff. I find Walton's scheme to be barely coherent, I think Abasciano is wrong, etc. But I've found these resources to be helpful or, at least, very influential and, therefore, worth being familiar with.)

Just to supplement this, there are some older NICOT/NT editions floating around in this sale.  One is Leon Morris' one on Thessalonians.  Good reformed perspective that isn't too wordy.  https://www.logos.com/product/7464/the-first-and-second-epistles-to-the-thessalonians 

Posts 1169
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 6:16 AM

Excellent recommendations 

Posts 3765
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 7:26 AM

mike:

Ted Weis:

It's an inhouse Lexham production....I always assume inhouse's price should be way cheaper when being sold here. Even Kindle's price is $5.99. Logos could do better at pricing them. My 2 cents

Just FYI for those with connect essentials on up...remember you can get a one time 25% off Lexham books orders per month.  I assume we can apply it to things like MM, but I have not tried it.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 38
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 7:43 AM

I tried this and it didn't work.  I don't know if my coupon code didn't work, or not, but the 25% Lexham Book Coupon did not add to the discount.

Posts 9813
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 8:29 AM

Steven New:

I tried this and it didn't work.  I don't know if my coupon code didn't work, or not, but the 25% Lexham Book Coupon did not add to the discount.

did you try it on the logos.com website? As was posted someplace here in the forums (and as you are lead this way from the connect webpage), the 25% discount may only work on the Lexham book site - there it worked or me earlier this month.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 115
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 12:12 PM

Paul Strickert:

I wholeheartedly agree. Balentine is awesome!

Posts 3765
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 1:20 PM

NB.Mick:

Steven New:

did you try it on the logos.com website? As was posted someplace here in the forums (and as you are lead this way from the connect webpage), the 25% discount may only work on the Lexham book site - there it worked or me earlier this month.

and it doesn't hurt to hit up Sales about it, too.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1356
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 4:15 PM

Jonathan Ray:

Paul Strickert:

I wholeheartedly agree. Balentine is awesome!

I understand there's a fair amount of artwork in the paper version of the book, but I don't see any images at all in the Logos sample pages.  Does anyone know if the artwork is included in the Logos version?

Posts 21574
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 11:47 PM

There is artwork - was there anything specific you would like checked?

Posts 307
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 2:32 AM

I see 21 instances of "Image not available".

So i would say most of the images are in the logos edition;

Posts 6112
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 3:25 AM

Steven New:

Where’s the coupon? I’ve been looking for it in my Connect account and nothing. The email they sent me at the beginning of the month didn’t have the coupon code for the 25% off either.

DAL

Posts 3009
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 3:42 AM

DAL:

Steven New:

Where’s the coupon? I’ve been looking for it in my Connect account and nothing. The email they sent me at the beginning of the month didn’t have the coupon code for the 25% off either.

DAL

https://connect.faithlife.com/get-started 

Click on ebooks

The code is below above the fleb code I believe... It's on there somewhere sir

Page 1 of 5 (93 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS