What are the March Madness "must haves?"

Page 2 of 5 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 92 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 6012
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 3:55 AM

Thanks, Matillo! I found it. I bought the Osbourne Acts Commentary. I had a temporary license this month, but went ahead and made it permanent with the coupon 👍😁👌

Posts 38
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:22 AM

Dal if you just go to faithlifeconnect.com Then open apps button you can get to your coupon area under ebooks.

I got it coupon to work but didn't pull the trigger.  Man percent discounts are just not that great when the price is already low.  23.99 instead of 32.99 is a discount but I still couldn't pull the trigger with my budget.  Perhaps next year.  

Posts 6012
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:30 AM

Steven New:

Dal if you just go to faithlifeconnect.com Then open apps button you can get to your coupon area under ebooks.

I got it coupon to work but didn't pull the trigger.  Man percent discounts are just not that great when the price is already low.  23.99 instead of 32.99 is a discount but I still couldn't pull the trigger with my budget.  Perhaps next year.  

Mine was $17 and change.

Posts 659
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:57 AM

I went for Ibn Ezra's commentary on Isaiah (3 volumes) - having glanced at the first few pages it appears to be packed full of typos, but I'm excited to give it a read nonetheless.

Posts 3571
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 5:54 AM

Yes, the Lexham coupon works.

1. Go to the link Mattillo provides above, then click on the ebooks tab, it's under Lexham Press.

2. Click on browse Lexham Press, use the search field to find your product, add to cart, paste the coupon and it will be applied. 

I tried this on Keown's intro to Gospels and Acts and it did show with the MM discount and the Connect discount was then applied on top of that. 

Posts 1310
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 9:48 AM

Graham Criddle:

There is artwork - was there anything specific you would like checked?

Thank you, Graham!

I didn't have any specific artwork in mind--was just hoping it wasn't like some other resources I've read about on the forum where graphics were in the printed edition of a resource but not in the Logos edition.  I read one Amazon review on this resource in which the reviewer felt the graphics were an important component of this resource and in looking at sample pages on Amazon, I could see there was a lot of artwork in the print version, so I wanted to check on the Logos version before purchasing.

Thanks again for your help!

Posts 2897
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 10:04 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Graham Criddle:

Thank you, Graham!

I didn't have any specific artwork in mind--was just hoping it wasn't like some other resources I've read about on the forum where graphics were in the printed edition of a resource but not in the Logos edition.  I read one Amazon review on this resource in which the reviewer felt the graphics were an important component of this resource and in looking at sample pages on Amazon, I could see there was a lot of artwork in the print version, so I wanted to check on the Logos version before purchasing.

Rick,

Please be wary of this if/when you do purchase... I don't own the set but stuff like this is silly.  Either sell the resource as is or don't but to only get some images is an odd choice.  Maybe not FL's fault... who knows.

https://www.logos.com/product/138250/smyth-and-helwys-bible-commentary-collection

Posts 2155
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:43 PM

Mattillo:

DAL:

Steven New:

I tried this and it didn't work.  I don't know if my coupon code didn't work, or not, but the 25% Lexham Book Coupon did not add to the discount.

Where’s the coupon? I’ve been looking for it in my Connect account and nothing. The email they sent me at the beginning of the month didn’t have the coupon code for the 25% off either.

DAL

https://connect.faithlife.com/get-started 

Click on ebooks

The code is below above the fleb code I believe... It's on there somewhere sir

Did not work for the Lexham Discourse Commentaries. 

Posts 2092
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 6:12 PM

John Murray Epistle to the Romans is worth a look.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1310
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 6:37 PM

Mattillo:

Rick Ausdahl:

Graham Criddle:

Thank you, Graham!

Rick,

Please be wary of this if/when you do purchase... I don't own the set but stuff like this is silly.  Either sell the resource as is or don't but to only get some images is an odd choice.  Maybe not FL's fault... who knows.

https://www.logos.com/product/138250/smyth-and-helwys-bible-commentary-collection

Thanks, Mattillo.  Before posting, I looked for something (anything) along the lines of the digital rights restrictions notice like the one shown below the commentary set in your reply, and I didn't find anything like that on the Job commentary web page.  But ...neither did I see any artwork in any of the Logos sample pages for the commentary and it was that lack of art in the sample pages that made me wonder.  Hopefully, the page for the Job commentary would include such a notice if there were image restrictions as there are in your commentary set example.

Posts 873
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 7:07 PM

Beloved:

Second this.

Posts 14
Tong Shin Kai Clarence | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 8:00 PM

Can i make a suggestion to faithlife. If a individual book or books in a bundle is affected by the march madness, can faithlife reduce the cost of the bundle as well to reflect the discount for the individual book.

For example, i am lacking the 4 ivp dictionaries for the new testament which if purchased separately now will be less than the cost of the entire bundle. For your info i already have the 4 from the OT.

Posts 873
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2019 10:40 PM

Tong Shin Kai Clarence:

Can i make a suggestion to faithlife. If a individual book or books in a bundle is affected by the march madness, can faithlife reduce the cost of the bundle as well to reflect the discount for the individual book.

For example, i am lacking the 4 ivp dictionaries for the new testament which if purchased separately now will be less than the cost of the entire bundle. For your info i already have the 4 from the OT.

People has been suggesting this but I don't think they're going to do this. You can go to the "big change" thread about this. (This is the "must have" thread, no Faithlife staff has been here so far.)

Posts 3571
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 1:45 AM

Posts 1158
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 7:24 AM

I would like to point out Fredrick Bruner's Matthew and John volumes are on sale. https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=frederick+bruner&Author=5264%7cFrederick+Dale+Bruner&redirecttoauthor=true

An older pastor gave me his Matthew volumes when I began preaching through Matthew a year ago. I bought them for Logos because I have benefited from them soooo much. 

He is warm, devotional, historical and practical. I don't always agree with him but he always makes me think. I am going through his section on John 21 (a favorite of mine) and it is excellent as well.

Posts 1310
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 9:49 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Mattillo:

Rick Ausdahl:

Graham Criddle:

Thank you, Graham!

Rick,

Thanks, Mattillo.  Before posting, I looked for something (anything) along the lines of the digital rights restrictions notice like the one shown below the commentary set in your reply, and I didn't find anything like that on the Job commentary web page.  But ...neither did I see any artwork in any of the Logos sample pages for the commentary and it was that lack of art in the sample pages that made me wonder.  Hopefully, the page for the Job commentary would include such a notice if there were image restrictions as there are in your commentary set example.

In case anyone else is interested, I decided to purchase this volume on Job, and as far as I can tell at this point, out of the 725 pages of this commentary prior to getting into the Bibliography and Indices sections, I'm aware of just 21 missing images.  Since I can't see the images I can't speak to how much value I would place on them, but there are a lot of images in this resource.  Naturally I'd like to have them all, but I think I can live with 21 of them missing out of 725 pages of material.

Posts 6
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 11:04 AM

Many of the images are color in the Logos version rather than strictly black and white (as in the hardcover volume).  So, that’s a plus.

Posts 786
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 4:04 PM

I use my wishlist to track all the books I'll consider buying when on sale. So my 'must haves' are those in my wishlist. Apart from one commentary (which has only just been published) I was able to pick up all the other commentaries in my wishlist. Thank you Faithlife for changing the parameters of MM.

There are 2 other books in my wishlist that I'll probably pick up the end of the month. My main interest in my Faithlife library is resources for preaching. Anyone have thoughts on these 2 volumes by Sidney Greidanus

https://www.logos.com/product/50179/preaching-christ-from-genesis-foundations-for-expository-sermons

https://www.logos.com/product/50181/preaching-christ-from-daniel-foundations-for-expository-sermons

Posts 14
Tong Shin Kai Clarence | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2019 1:34 AM

I will look at that thread but I feel that this is a little misleading on faithlife part. 

Page 2 of 5 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS