Excerpts Missing from Homepage

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
nl | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 19 2019 8:42 PM

After a long time off Logos, I just tried to set up my homepage preferences, I switched off all content like blogs and sales, so that I would only have my own content there. All I was left with was an empty homepage except 'Verse of the Day'. How can I get all my old content up? excerpts from my library?

Also is there a way to switch back to the old Logos 7 homepage format? I prefer the side bar, I can't seem to be able to just tick my bible reading plan when I complete it.

Thanks for any help!

Posts 1107
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 8:49 PM

Hi. Sorry but the answer to all of your questions is "No." They took away all these features in the revamp for version 8 (which is otherwise fairly good). Some of them are slowly trickling back in.

Due to this lack of functionality, I've set Logos to automatically open to a layout rather than a home page. For your Bible reading plan issue, I suggest opening the plan from the documents menu and/or sticking it in a layout rather than trying to use the colorful but useless homepage card.

Posts 38
nl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 9:50 PM

Thanks for your response.

Thats a shame. The excerpts were one of my favourite things in Logos, felt like I was getting use out of the 100s of resources I wouldn’t otherwise ever open. I would see articles that would spark my interest and cause me dig further into topics etc. I want this back enough that I’m tempted to reinstall Logos 7 instead!

Posts 1107
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2019 11:23 PM

You are not alone; many have asked for this feature to be restored. Hopefully it will be at some point.

You can enter "FSD" in the command box for "Facilitate Serendipitous Discovery" and it will call up a random excerpt from your library. It's not quite the same, however.

Posts 315
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 11:37 AM

I can confirm that we are planning to bring this functionality back in the future.

Posts 38
nl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2019 11:48 AM

Cool, thanks!

Posts 25
David Gregg | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2019 7:17 AM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

I can confirm that we are planning to bring this functionality back in the future.

Awesome.  Is that near future (several weeks out, on the roadmap) or still quite some time off (wishlist, low priority)?

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 24 2019 10:16 AM

David Gregg:
Is that near future (several weeks out, on the roadmap)

I believe that what you are looking for it is still in "Beta" - 

Logos Bible Software 8.4 Beta 2

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS