Free Grace Theology

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 92
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 6:44 PM

I created a Free Grace Bibliography from the books I own.

I believe you can click on the link to make it available in your library.

https://fl.vu/a6SHy 

If I can figure out how to share my collection I will make it available.  I can't find how to do that in my docs.

Posts 18
Coty M. Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 7:08 PM

For some reason it says I cannot see it at this time.

Posts 18
Coty M. Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 7:13 PM

Paul L. White:

I think one of the challenges, for Faithlife Corp., would be to assign someone to oversee the selection, and make sure the volumes included qualify as "Free Grace."  Since this is a relatively new movement, there is a danger of causing dissension over which books ought to be included, and which ones ought to be excluded.

Normally, and traditionally, "packages" have included some basic and cornerstone publications:  Bibles, commentaries, lexicons, etc.

I think a good technical term to use here might be a "Series."  Or "Collection."  That would be easier in the doing, and wouldn't involve as many within the Logos staffing.

But the issue remains: who will be the final authority as to what gets included or excluded?

This is a phenomenal idea, and I think Logos wouldn't mind considering it...as long as we get our ducks in a row.  They can't afford any legal quagmires, or fierce criticisms.  After all, it is a business, and depends upon a  high percentage of happy customers to exist.

Blessings.

I’m sure they can talk to Grace School of Theology in order to come up with a recommended book system

Posts 18
Coty M. Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 7:14 PM

Paul L. White:

I think one of the challenges, for Faithlife Corp., would be to assign someone to oversee the selection, and make sure the volumes included qualify as "Free Grace."  Since this is a relatively new movement, there is a danger of causing dissension over which books ought to be included, and which ones ought to be excluded.

Normally, and traditionally, "packages" have included some basic and cornerstone publications:  Bibles, commentaries, lexicons, etc.

I think a good technical term to use here might be a "Series."  Or "Collection."  That would be easier in the doing, and wouldn't involve as many within the Logos staffing.

But the issue remains: who will be the final authority as to what gets included or excluded?

This is a phenomenal idea, and I think Logos wouldn't mind considering it...as long as we get our ducks in a row.  They can't afford any legal quagmires, or fierce criticisms.  After all, it is a business, and depends upon a  high percentage of happy customers to exist.

Blessings.

I’m sure they can talk to Grace School of Theology in order to come up with a recommended book system

Posts 18
Coty M. Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 7:14 PM

Paul L. White:

Blessings.

Posts 158
Paul L. White | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 12:28 AM

John,

When I try to get it, and click on "Details," it says your file(s) are listed as "private."  Can you find a way to change the listing to "public?"  Thank you so much.

Paul

Posts 158
Paul L. White | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 12:29 AM

Thanks, Coty, that's a good idea!

Paul

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 12:51 AM

Jacobs, Coty M.:

Is it possible to have a Free Grace/Dispensationalism package? In my opinion, there are enough books based on the topic in logos that it could substainly hold its own package category.Furthermore, it would become very useful to Free Grace colleges and seminaries. Does anyone else feel the same?

prior to creating a base package or base package flavor line, Logos typically offers a "library builder" package that bundles a lot of the books relevant to the respective group. Maybe if you post a cross-post under the "Suggestions" subforum, this will catch the eyes of the people responsible for such products. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 18
Coty M. Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:30 AM

Paul L. White:

John,

When I try to get it, and click on "Details," it says your file(s) are listed as "private."  Can you find a way to change the listing to "public?"  Thank you so much.

Paul

Posts 18
Coty M. Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:31 AM

NB.Mick:

Jacobs, Coty M.:

Is it possible to have a Free Grace/Dispensationalism package? In my opinion, there are enough books based on the topic in logos that it could substainly hold its own package category.Furthermore, it would become very useful to Free Grace colleges and seminaries. Does anyone else feel the same?

prior to creating a base package or base package flavor line, Logos typically offers a "library builder" package that bundles a lot of the books relevant to the respective group. Maybe if you post a cross-post under the "Suggestions" subforum, this will catch the eyes of the people responsible for such products. 

Interesting, thank you for this information.

Posts 92
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:59 AM

Paul L. White:

John,

Paul

It should now be available in your public documents under Free Grace Bibliography and the Collection should be Grace.  You can then just add them to your Docs.

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 6:07 AM

John Brumett:
It should now be available in your public documents under Free Grace Bibliography and the Collection should be Grace. 

The collection is built mainly from the rule mytag:grace, which unfortunately will give totally different results for all who use this. I suggest when intending to share a collection like that, to filter the library according to the relevant tag and then to move the books to the PLUS section of the collection.

Is the collection intended to include the books shown in the bibliography? What would be of interest to me (and potentially to Faithlife, should they try to build a library builder bundle or a Base Package) is the rationale behind the books included, such as 

• all from those authors: ..........
  • all from those publishers: .........
  • this commentary (series): ........
  • this study bible: ............
  • those additional books, because: .............

(I wouldn't have known to include some of the resources into my RL mentioned above)   

Posts 18
Coty M. Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 6:30 AM

NB.Mick:

Jacobs, Coty M.:
Here is some of the FG material already on Logos.

I put those and some more into a Reading List

I tried to add Tom Constable's Expository Bible Study Notes| Constable, Tom. but it would not let me.

Tom Constable's Expository Bible Study Notes

by Constable, Tom

Galaxie Software 2003

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 6:43 AM

Jacobs, Coty M.:
I tried to add Tom Constable's Expository Bible Study Notes| Constable, Tom. but it would not let me.

I put it in.

Did the editor tell you someone else had just changed something? Or what didn't work - after all I saw you added Dispensationalism as a related topic. 

EDIT: I updated the RL to include the bible study books from Grace Theology Press which are available through ebooks.faithlife.com (discussed on page 1)

That's how it looks right now:

Posts 158
Paul L. White | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 10:30 AM

Just wanted to thank everyone for the hard work you've put into this project.

Thanks to Coty's advice, I was able to open my Logos software, and thanks to the links provided, find both the Docs lists and the Reader's List in my software.

It looks like I'm missing quite a few from my library...Grrrr...but I do have a couple.  Can't imagine how much time it took to compile these lists; sure took enough time to find them, and how to access them from within the software.

Blessings to all, every single one!

Paul

Posts 155
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 2:45 PM

Incredibly timely thread since I'm working through a teaching on this topic w/ my church right now.  My question is, do any of the above resources list the main scriptures used to argue against free grace and counter-arguments all in on place (versus searching book by book as in the Grace NTC)? 

Posts 6
Austin Decker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 2:51 PM

Dennis Davis:

Incredibly timely thread since I'm working through a teaching on this topic w/ my church right now.  My question is, do any of the above resources list the main scriptures used to argue against free grace and counter-arguments all in on place (versus searching book by book as in the Grace NTC)? 

Yes, Final Destiny by Jody Dillow will give you every counter perspective against Free Grace Theology that was in writing up to 2012. Final Destiny is a one stop shop for everything free grace just make sure to read all the footnotes too.

Posts 18
Coty M. Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 2:58 PM

Final Destiny for sure 

Posts 155
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 3:23 PM

Strange, I am not seeing that book in the store?

Posts 18
Coty M. Jacobs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 3:26 PM

Someone posted the link  earlier in this forum 

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS