Bug: Program Scaling destroys Notes Tool

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1669
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 30 2019 3:07 AM

Setting program scaling to 70% destroys existing instances of the Notes tool and also causes and dragged panels (of notes tool) to be destroyed. The only way it works is to open a new instance directly in the location you need it, then never move it or change scaling. You can see in the screenshot that the breadcrumbs bar and more gets hidden. Also in the list, the cursor position isn't recognized accurately (this gets worse the closer to the top of the panel you are).

Posts 1669
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 5:27 AM

bump!

Posts 2318
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 1:37 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

bump!

Reuben,

I'll take a look, remember we don't work on the weekends, so if you post on a Saturday or Sunday unless a dev happens to chime there won't be a response until Monday at the earliest. I just wanted you to know you were not being ignored since you had bumped the thread.

Posts 4476
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 2:50 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
remember we don't work on the weekends, so if you post on a Saturday or Sunday unless a dev happens to chime there won't be a response until Monday at the earliest.

Can you provide a list of cell phone numbers we can call on the weekends to alert FL to bugs that are found. That would also be helpful when you're on vacation, sick leave, etcWink

Posts 2318
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 2:55 PM

Fred Chapman:

Philana R. Crouch:
remember we don't work on the weekends, so if you post on a Saturday or Sunday unless a dev happens to chime there won't be a response until Monday at the earliest.

Can you provide a list of cell phone numbers we can call on the weekends to alert FL to bugs that are found. That would also be helpful when you're on vacation, sick leave, etcWink

LOL

Posts 1669
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2019 11:42 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
I just wanted you to know you were not being ignored since you had bumped the thread

Sorry, I hadn't realized that some of the ones I bumped hadn't been posted before the weekend. It was a matter of systematically bumping those that had no FL response, some of which had been posted by last Monday (e.g. thread, threadthread & thread).

Posts 2318
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2019 9:08 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Philana R. Crouch:
I just wanted you to know you were not being ignored since you had bumped the thread

Sorry, I hadn't realized that some of the ones I bumped hadn't been posted before the weekend. It was a matter of systematically bumping those that had no FL response, some of which had been posted by last Monday (e.g. thread, threadthread & thread).

Sorry about the delay, I was actually also out sick on Thursday and Friday, so that is why things were not responded too. I'm still catching up after being out. Thank you for your patience.

Posts 2318
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2019 10:12 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Setting program scaling to 70% destroys existing instances of the Notes tool and also causes and dragged panels (of notes tool) to be destroyed. The only way it works is to open a new instance directly in the location you need it, then never move it or change scaling. You can see in the screenshot that the breadcrumbs bar and more gets hidden. Also in the list, the cursor position isn't recognized accurately (this gets worse the closer to the top of the panel you are).

Reuben,

I'm running 10.14.4 and I cannot reproduce this on macOS. Can you canfirm that this is still an issue, and if so can you do a screen recording so I can see exactly what you are doing?

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 1484
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2019 10:39 AM

Reuben Helmuth:
Setting program scaling to 70%

Is 70% a typo? It only goes down to 80% on the macOS version of Logos.

Or are you on Windows? Does it go lower on Windows?

Posts 24340
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2019 6:33 PM

Levi Durfey:

The Set Program Scaling to ... command will achieve 50% (Windows), but Program Settings will only allow 80%.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1669
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:06 PM

Levi Durfey:

Or are you on Windows?

I'm on Mac. Using the command box, the available values under 100 are: 50, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90 and 95.

Posts 1484
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2019 4:35 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

I'm on Mac. Using the command box, the available values under 100 are: 50, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90 and 95.

Ok, I see now. Nice to know that!

Sorry, but I can't replicate your issue either on macOS 10.14.4, Logos 8.4 beta 4.

Posts 1669
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 8:50 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
Can you canfirm that this is still an issue, and if so can you do a screen recording so I can see exactly what you are doing?

Philana, this is still an issue with 8.4 RC1, though I haven't been able to update to 10.14.4. Here's a dropbox link of a screen recording. You'll notice in the screencast, that the smaller the vertical size the less problematic this issue is.

Posts 2318
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 12:27 PM

Reuben,

I still cannot reproduce this. I tried it on both my larger monitor and the retina display of my Mac.

Posts 1669
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 4:56 AM

Just wanted to report that as of 8.5 b1 this issue was resolved for me (no OS change).

Posts 2318
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 12:11 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

Just wanted to report that as of 8.5 b1 this issue was resolved for me (no OS change).

I'm glad this is working for you now. We made some improvements to Note scaling and I think that is what fixed things.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS