Moody Handbook on Messianic Prophecy

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2307
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 12 2019 12:04 PM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0802409636/ 

Would love this!

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 213
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 12:57 PM

Yes

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 7:00 PM

Yes

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 8:01 PM

Looks great!!

Posts 2307
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2019 9:49 PM

This is set for September release. I really hope Logos can get this one into Pre-Pub soon. Simply based on how useful the Moody Bible Commentary has been, I can tell this will be a home run volume.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 109
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2019 6:39 AM

mab:

Thank you for the suggestion.

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2019 6:52 AM

Oh please oh please 

Posts 2341
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2019 6:08 PM

mab:

This is set for September release. I really hope Logos can get this one into Pre-Pub soon. Simply based on how useful the Moody Bible Commentary has been, I can tell this will be a home run volume.

Yes

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2019 8:56 AM

Yes

Posts 1190
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 5:40 AM

FL, I'm wondering if this is on the list to bring into the Logos family one day?

This is an excellent resource that is packaged well. The sections on messianic prophecy from the intertestimental period and rabbinic literature are very well done, as is the section on typology - the authors constrain themselves in the area of typological application much more so than some of the other messianic prophecy resources available. They don't invent types that aren't there just to suit a certain persuasion.

Even better is the expositional style of the unpacking of messianic passages, done in canonical order.

Very solid work, which is usually the case from Moody.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 9:18 AM

Mike Hanes:

mab:

Thank you for the suggestion.

I haven't seen any prepubs for this yet... still hoping for a Logos Release!  Comes out in dead-tree in two weeks

Posts 2307
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 10:36 AM

FL really needs to get on this one. PLEEZEGeeked

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS