The New International Commentary on the Old Testament: Daniel

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2375
David Ames | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 21 2019 8:58 AM

Where is the book of Daniel covered??? In the hard copy it looks like Ezekiel and Daniel are in the same volume. I may be blind but I can not find Daniel in Logos.    

Posts 877
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2019 9:17 AM

David Ames:

Where is the book of Daniel covered??? In the hard copy it looks like Ezekiel and Daniel are in the same volume. I may be blind but I can not find Daniel in Logos.    

The Daniel volume hasn't been published yet. The Ezekiel volume is written by Daniel Block.

https://www.bestcommentaries.com/series/new-international-commentary-on-the-old-testament-nicot/

Posts 6229
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2019 4:59 PM

David Ames:

Ezekiel is the commentary (2 volumes) and Daniel......Block is the author 👍😜👌

DAL

Posts 660
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2019 7:41 PM

Best Commentaries shows that R. Glenn Wooden will be the author of Daniel.

Block is the author of both Ezekiel volumes.

Posts 6229
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 22 2019 4:00 AM

Dale E Heath:

I had made a pause and Daniel....Block is the author.

Posts 682
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 2:47 AM

Dale E Heath:

Wooden has been assigned by Eerdmans as the contracted author for the Daniel volume(s) - however there is little beyond that. There is certainly no publication date - also no chatter from the author. He is clearly someone with some academic credentials, has published articles on the subject - even his doctoral thesis is on Daniel - being "The Book of Daniel and manticism: a critical assessment of the view that the Book of Daniel derives from a mantic tradition" at the St Andrew's University, Scotland.

I wouldn't hold your breath - the lead time on commentaries particularly at this level are notoriously long.

Shalom

Posts 2375
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 5:35 AM

All Prophecy Fulfilled! Is the cry of several web sites!

If we cannot study Daniel and Revelation we cannot know what we have been given as a warning.   

Time maybe running out. And NICOT and EEC are LATE.  Maybe too late?

Posts 682
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 6:12 AM

Very droll

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 6:45 AM

Paul Caneparo:

David Ames:

The Daniel volume hasn't been published yet. The Ezekiel volume is written by Daniel Block.

https://www.bestcommentaries.com/series/new-international-commentary-on-the-old-testament-nicot/

I'd really like if Daniel's author's first name were Ezekiel...

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 83
Rick Carmickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 23 2019 4:34 PM

The assigned author, R Glenn Wooden, was 18 years old when the first volumes of NICOT were being published. I sometimes wonder why many volumes in this series were so slow coming. 

Posts 682
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2019 1:24 AM

Two reasons - in my view

Becoming ready to write a top line commentary is a lifetimes enterprise. Specifically the research needed is increasingly extensive and very very time consuming!

Next the investment mentioned above and in the financial and editorial side of the publication are enormous.

There may be other reasons, but just these make the business of commentary production a slow process.

Shalom

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS