Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 23 2009 2:08 PM

I have a really old starter set of Logos software based on the LSS (did I get that right?) format.  Would I violate any copyright issues by just giving it to a friend of mine?   I guess my thught is that it will introduce him to the Logos family.  I really do want to do what's right!

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2009 2:54 PM
Did you upgrade from that LLS starter set?
Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2009 5:51 PM

Yes.  Sorry, I should have clarified that.  I upgraded to a Silver.

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2009 10:10 PM

My guess would be no...but you might want to ask Customer Support.  I assume that these resources are tied to your customer I.D. because you upgraded that package.  You may not have actually bought another license, but merely upgraded the one you already had.  Maybe Customer Service will work with your friend.

Blessings,

Michael Kares

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2009 9:25 AM

The key word is "Upgrade" if you upgraded than as Michael stated you have built upon that foundation. you can't pull a foundation out from under the house you're in and give it to someone else, that'd be disastrous.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2009 11:51 AM

Thanks for the reply.  You are right about the word "upgrade."  I called sales @Logos and asked them my question.  (Should have posted their reply here but forgot to follow up...)  The salesperson checked and found out that when I bought my Silver I did not get it as an upgrade but as a new purchaser.  That answered my question but made me wonder why my previous salesperson @Logos didn't ask if my purchase was an upgrade?  Back then it never crossed my mind to mention it because I had no idea it entitled me to a discount.  I somehow feel slightly cheated.  Nah.  That's too strong of a word but take it down a notch or two and that's how I feel!

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2009 6:52 AM

Randy Hartman:
I somehow feel slightly cheated.  Nah.  That's too strong of a word but take it down a notch or two and that's how I feel!

I understand Randy.  On the upside it sounds as if you can now console yourself by giving a friend a boost by letting them have your prior collection - which you did not upgrade from.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2009 10:08 AM

I ought to add that after posting about being unhappy I received an unsolicited call from Logos.  They wanted to make sure I was a happy customer.  Wow!  What can I say about a company that would do that?!  They were very helpful and I am pleased at their over-the-top customer service!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS