How to automatically save highlights to notebooks?

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 222
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 29 2019 4:17 PM

Hello,

On my iPad, I'm using a highlight style called "Tim Keller". It is in a palette that I have set up to save on my "Tim Keller" Notebook on my Logos 8 app on my MacBook. Works like a charm there.

However, on the iPad, when I use the "Tim Keller" highlight style it does not automatically save to the Tim Keller notebook. I have to edit each individual highlight and move it over to the Tim Keller notebook.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to set it up on my iPad like I have it on Logos 8 on my MacBook? Thanks!

Rev. Ben Hein

Shady Grove Presbyterian Church (PCA)

Reformed Theological Seminary, M.Div (2017)

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 222
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 11:43 AM

Bump

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 12:07 PM

I don’t believe this is a current option, but I could be wrong. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 334
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 2:24 PM

Ben Hein:

However, on the iPad, when I use the "Tim Keller" highlight style it does not automatically save to the Tim Keller notebook. I have to edit each individual highlight and move it over to the Tim Keller notebook.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to set it up on my iPad like I have it on Logos 8 on my MacBook? Thanks!

Currently, on your Mobile device, you need to long press the highlight, tap Edit Note, and you can choose the Notebook there.

We are looking at ways to make this easier to do in the future.

Posts 222
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 4:36 PM

Why doesn’t it just use the way it is set up on Logos 8 on our computers by default?

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2019 6:21 PM

Ben Hein:

Why doesn’t it just use the way it is set up on Logos 8 on our computers by default?

Do you mean, why doesn’t it use the preferences set up on the desktop app? 

Posts 222
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 4:43 AM

Right. If I have my "Tim Keller" highlight set to save to "Tim Keller" notes document, why isn't that the default on Mobile as well? Shouldn't it be assumed I would want the same highlight functionality as what I have configured on my desktop?

The current functionality of having to move the highlight every time makes the iPad basically unusable for reading books for me.

Rev. Ben Hein

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 1 2019 6:22 AM

That is reasonable. For clarification, the old App didn’t work that way either. FL certainly doesn’t want mobile only users abandoned, so a mobile UI fix will be required. FWIW - I think they need to bring back the “sticky” solution. 

Posts 142
James Macleod | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2019 10:11 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

Ben Hein:

Currently, on your Mobile device, you need to long press the highlight, tap Edit Note, and you can choose the Notebook there.

We are looking at ways to make this easier to do in the future.

This is actually a significant annoyance when researching for a paper. I should be able to set a default notebook and have all my highlights drop into it. Even if the highlights just went into the last notebook, I would only need to set it once. It is tedious and unnecessary to expect users to open the edit note every time they highlight.

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 4:09 AM

James Macleod:
Even if the highlights just went into the last notebook, I would only need to set it once.

That is the "sticky" setting I mentioned. It should return!

Posts 2
Brandon Fertig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2019 11:41 AM

AGREED. 

BUMP for a simple UI fix to default notes to last notebook saved.

Posts 1399
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 2 2019 6:07 PM

Yes please!

Posts 5106
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 2 2019 8:03 PM

Agreed, i rarely bother with highlighting on the mobile anymore. And that normally is where I do most of my reading to highlight. No offence meant to Joe but the solution offered by FL just doesn’t cut mustard let alone provide for a satisfactory user experience of the app.

JT (alabama24):

James Macleod:
Even if the highlights just went into the last notebook, I would only need to set it once.

That is the "sticky" setting I mentioned. It should return!

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 2 2019 8:13 PM

Yes

Posts 63
Paulo Bechara | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 11 2019 8:01 PM

BUMP.

Please fix this.

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2019 11:16 AM

Brandon Fertig:

AGREED. 

BUMP for a simple UI fix to default notes to last notebook saved.

Or put the option in Settings (under the pancake menu). Either way this is an important feature for the software. I would rather highlight on my iPad than on my laptop, but it is cumbersome to have to edit every highlight to put it in the notebook I want it to reside in.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2019 4:36 PM

I'm sorry we've not taken care of this yet. I have the team looking into this.

Posts 5106
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2019 4:39 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thank you Phil.  I don't take pleasure out of squeaking the wheel loudly but some things just need to be addressed otherwise the elephant will continue to make moving about in the room uncomfortable.

Posts 3276
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2019 5:58 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Not to hijack this thread but if at some point you can add a way to turn off certain notes while in mobile that would be great. When reading on my iPad sometimes I have highlights coming from other resources that take over the text  making it impossible for me to highlight the text. Most recent example was highlights from my bible covering the entire MacArthur New Testament section I was  reading. 

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2019 7:07 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Yes Yes

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS