Continuous "Resources are Ready to be Added" Bug Observation

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1633
Rick | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 2 2019 5:41 AM

I hope that I can explain this with clarity.

Yesterday morning, I started experiencing the constant "Resources are Ready to be Added to Your Library" bug that some people are reporting. I discovered that a new temporary resource from Faithlife Connect (Karl Barth on Prayer) was showing in my library but was not downloading. I hid the resource and then restarted Logos and unhid the resource. Everything worked fine, and the book downloaded once I unhid it. The message disappeared.

This morning I downloaded 5 new resources (two Monthly Sale and three free Faithlife Connect titles) and I got the continuous "Resources are Ready to be Added" notification again. The same thing had happened with a different tile this time. I hid the resource, restarted Logos and unhid the the book and everything is fine again.

The problem, for me, has been that when downloading multiple new resources, one resource doesn't download correctly, requiring me to hide the resource, restart Logos and then unhide it to download again.

I hope this makes sense.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 8
Rev. Ian M. Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 6:11 AM

I appreciate the work-around - I did discover that one of my books was not downloading hence the "resources are ready to added" once you restart Logos. So, I did what you said - however this book will simply not download...and the message reappears. There is plainly a fault on Logos servers at the moment. Hope Faithlife will notice and resolve.

BTW the book is: The Mingling of Souls: God's Design for Love, Marriage, Sex, and Redemption by Matt Chandler, the free book from Faithlife ebooks site.

Posts 563
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 6:20 AM

Rick, I have the same problem. I hope someone comes up with a fix soon.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 1633
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 6:43 AM

Rev. Ian M. Thomas:
So, I did what you said - however this book will simply not download...and the message reappears.

I'm sorry that it didn't work for you. Just to make sure, did you restart Logos between hiding the resource and downloading it again?

Peace  Smile

Posts 206
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 12:21 PM

This bug will be fixed in a future update, but, in the meantime, Customer Service has a workaround.  This workaround is best done using two way communication, such as over the phone or by email, so I am not posting it here.  Please contact Customer Service at customerservice@faithlife.com or 1-800-875-6467 if you would like help with this.

Posts 118
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2019 5:46 PM

Here is the work around from Faithlife. Worked great for me.

Thank you for contacting us today! We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. To fix the Restart to add new resources bug just follow these steps!  

1. Quit Logos.
  2. Choose a method to navigate to the Logos Directory.
    1. Windows:
      1. Right-click the Logos icon on the Desktop.
      2. Click Open file location1.
    2. Mac:
      1. Quit Logos.
      2. Open Finder.
      3. Press CMD+Shift+G.
      4. Type ~/libraryapplication support/Logos4
      5. Click Go.
    3. Alternate Mac Method:
      1. Quit Logos.
      2. Open Finder.
      3. Click “Go” at the very top bar of the screen.
      4. Hold the “Option” key and click “Library” when it appears in the drop-down menu.
      5. Open the Application Support folder.
      6. Open the Logos4 folder.
  3. Open the Data folder.
  4. Open the ########.### folder.
    1. The characters in this location are random, and per install. Just communicate that we need them to open the folder inside the Data folder. It doesn’t matter the name.
  1. Open the ResourceManager folder.
  2. Select the downloaded folder and press the F2 key (or right-click it and click Rename
  3. Add the word “old” to the beginning of the word Downloaded.
  4. Open logos again

Sincerely,

Diego Manzano

Faithlife Support Department
800-875-6467 | 360-527-1700 | UK Callers: 0(871)218-1700

¿Vive en México? Marcanos a: (222) 688 -4029

www.Logos.com/Support - Logos Support
www.Logos.com/Videos - Training Videos
Also from the makers of Logos:

Faithlife Giving - online giving

Posts 1633
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 3 2019 4:55 AM

Ted Harms:
Here is the work around from Faithlife. Worked great for me.

Thanks Ted. I just tried it on my laptop and it seems to have worked for it too.

Peace  Smile

Posts 469
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 10:22 AM

I just tried it and it seemed to work as well..  Although the first time I opened Logos after preforming these steps I got a red Download error in the top left of my Logos Home page and then it went away..  I closed Logos and opened again and did not get that error..  Not sure if that is normal?

Posts 24
Matt Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2019 4:50 AM

I had this bug also. This fix worked for me.

Posts 15
Michael Licina Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2019 9:23 PM

I was having the same problem. This seems to have worked beautifully. Thanks for posting!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS