Button for Source Information

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 51
DrGregWaddell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 4 2019 10:57 AM

I don't know about others, but I find myself frequently accessing the source information pane. To do this, each time I have to open the resource panel from the triple-dot drop-down menu. I find this irritating and wish there was a button on the main source panel that I could just click to open the document's information page. Here is where I would put it:

Screenshot

I know there is a keyboard shortcut for this, but I keep forgetting what it is.

By the way, I am using Logos version 8.4.0.0047

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2019 11:41 AM

DrGregWaddell:
I don't know about others, but I find myself frequently accessing the source information pane. To do this, each time I have to open the resource panel from the triple-dot drop-down menu. I find this irritating and wish there was a button on the main source panel that I could just click to open the document's information page. Here is where I would put it:

There used to be a button like that in Logos 4 through to Logos 7. It was removed in Logos 8.

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

DrGregWaddell:
I find myself frequently accessing the source information pane. To do this, each time I have to open the resource panel from the triple-dot drop-down menu.

There's a keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+I (Windows) / Cmd+Shift+I (macOS).

Posts 3007
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2019 12:16 PM

Mark Barnes:
There used to be a button like that in Logos 4 through to Logos 7. It was removed in Logos 8.

I'd like it back.

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2019 4:10 PM

SineNomine:

Mark Barnes:

I'd like it back.

Yes, I'm in favor of UI elements that are more easily discoverable and accessible. It does not seem like there's a shortage of space or undue clutter on that location bar, so I don't know why the button needed to be removed.

Posts 1335
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2019 7:43 PM

Yes, please bring it back. The "i" button is still on the Library screen.

Posts 206
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2019 1:37 AM

I would love to see that whole bar as configurable.

Everyone works differently, and I am sure people would love to be able to toggle their preferred features/filters on and off without having to go into the menu also. If these could be bound to shortcuts also, even better!

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2019 1:01 PM

Kevin:

I would love to see that whole bar as configurable.

Everyone works differently, and I am sure people would love to be able to toggle their preferred features/filters on and off without having to go into the menu also. If these could be bound to shortcuts also, even better!

Hear, hear! Great idea! Yes

Posts 1345
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2019 2:35 PM

Amen!

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS