How do you download the rest of your library and data sets

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 58
Virgil Sams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2020 9:21 AM

It was getting too complicated. I uninstalled Logos and reinstalled it and now all the books are installed. I did not notice the option for a complete installation the first time. Thanks for your help.

Posts 58
Virgil Sams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 29 2020 3:26 AM

Lynden Williams:

Virgil if you did not get it give me a call via WhatsApp. Will inbox the number on faithlife messenger.

Thanks my friend.  I uninstalled logos and reinstalled it and used the option to do a complete install. I now have all my books installed. Thanks.

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 17 2020 4:07 PM

Eric Mason:

Thanks Sine.  So, I have been trying what Mark explained but I haven't been able to get all of my resources downloaded to my new computer.  I can open Logos 8, but my library when I open it will flash a message that is in tan saying "indexing your library" then it disappears.  Several of my resources within the library appear to be downloading but they have been frozen in the downloading process. others haven't started downloading at all.  I have left my computer open for days and they still haven't downloaded.  It's been really frustrating as this has never happened before. Usually there is a blue Logos logo at the top of the Apple pan that indicates downloading or indexing.  And it will say 4hrs on it.  Been having a ton of trouble this go around. 

I was having the same issue on a laptop as Eric. I was trying to save hard drive space ona. computer my daughter uses for homeschool, but the result is that things don't work as expected. So I'm trying to get everything downloaded. I think I'm going to have to resort to just uninstalling and reinstalling. It would be helpful if there were an after-install option to change the installation type to all-resources-downloaded.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 10:26 AM

Jacob Hantla:
It would be helpful if there were an after-install option to change the installation type to all-resources-downloaded.

Instead of a Select All for resources Not on this device, followed by right-click and Download?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 41
Joe W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 1:11 PM

I have Verbum 8 and I thought I downloaded all of my resources when I installed the program.  I'm searching for a reverse interlinear and found none in my Library.  I know I own several.

In fact, when I go to the Bookstore, I can't purchase them because I already own them.  Where in the world are they?  My Library is updated & sync'd.  Can anyone please tell me if I'm missing a step some where?

Posts 25206
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 1:43 PM

JoeW:
 I'm searching for a reverse interlinear and found none in my Library

This is being discussed at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/188851/1096080.aspx#1096080 

Posts 41
Joe W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 1:49 PM

Ignore my post/question.  Figured it out!

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 19 2020 5:12 PM

Dave Hooton:

Jacob Hantla:
It would be helpful if there were an after-install option to change the installation type to all-resources-downloaded.

Instead of a Select All for resources Not on this device, followed by right-click and Download?

Yes on the laptop my daughter was using this took multiple attempts over a few days to actually have work. I thought I was going to have to uninstall and reinstall. Basically the select all, right click, download process 

1. Isn't as obvious as a toggle in settings to change install type to complete install (which then might allow the option to offload resources in the future if drive space is needed). 

2. Seemed to tax the app so much that it went unresponsive for the first multiple times I tried it. This was on a 12" MacBook, which is admittedly a pretty weak device processing-wise...and my library has about 17,000 resources, so it is possibly an extreme user case. But it was incredibly annoying to accomplish, didn't provide expected feedback that download had begun, locked app most of the attempts, and then when it finally did start download required a few different restarts before it finally completed due to further locking up of the app. 

I would see a toggle to "Complete install" being helpful because then a dedicated download-all screen could be popped up possibly decreasing the tax on the system of trying to run the Logos functional interface while also downloading so many resources. 

I just think that if I was having such headaches accomplishing this, I would imagine others might as well. 

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2020 11:54 AM

Jacob Hantla:
...and my library has about 17,000 resources

Thanks, Jacob. I can see why you would want that option.

Because many other users have been caught out, the primary fault is that "Recommended" is the default for the installation process. I would suggest that Faithlife improve the presentation of alternatives e.g. multiple buttons, so it is clear that there is a choice between Everything and Recommended.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 5:43 PM

Dave Hooton:

Jacob Hantla:
...and my library has about 17,000 resources

Thanks, Jacob. I can see why you would want that option.

Because many other users have been caught out, the primary fault is that "Recommended" is the default for the installation process. I would suggest that Faithlife improve the presentation of alternatives e.g. multiple buttons, so it is clear that there is a choice between Everything and Recommended.

Yes...and then allow a simple means to change your install method. 

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 3
Rev. William Burk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2020 2:41 PM

It would be nice if there actually were a button to download all resources at the top of the information panel on the macOS version.

Posts 4
Garry Judge | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 6:18 PM

Hi Mark

I don't have a 'download' button in the information page and the download button in the book preview is completely unresponsive. I am running Logos 8.14. Any ideas?

Thanks

Garry

Posts 29798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2020 6:34 PM
Garry Judge:
I don't have a 'download' button in the information page and the download button in the book preview is completely unresponsive. I am running Logos 8.14. Any ideas?
Mark's post was for an earlier version of Logos... I don't know if his answer still applies. In any case, here is what it should look like: EDIT: The forums are not currently allowing me to post images. I would try restarting your computer. If you still have issues, please create a new thread and explain your issue clearly, providing appropriate details.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Jesse Hardy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 13 2020 12:32 PM

Thank you for your help... It worked.

Posts 5
Jesse Hardy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 13 2020 12:33 PM

It worked for my updated version of Logos 8

Posts 1
Cameron Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2021 8:03 PM

Thanks so much! I was able to access my information with my new device. 

Posts 1
Seung K | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2021 7:38 PM

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. I saved my time and It works perfectly! 

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS