When Social Justice overshadows the Gospel Message

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 22
Raffaele Paglialunga | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 7 2019 1:33 PM

I don't know what is happening where everyone else is at but from what I have been reading from all sorts of Christian authors, from all different walks of life, I am noticing a growing shift in the Gospel presentation.

I love learning by means of reading, as well as listening to different views, especially Christian conferences (T4G, G3, GospelColtion, ShepCon, etc). With that said, I am deeply broken in spirit by what I am seeing take place in the Christian world. I have often wondered where all this new nonsense came from and now I believe I know. This craziness of the Social Gospel comes from the Communist handbook and is eagerly promoted by American Christians who claim to be doing the Lord's work with an unfortunate clouded view of the Gospel itself. What is real troublesome is many very well known and deeply educated men whom I consider brethren are involved in this effort to Christianize the Social Gospel movement.

Besides the Social Gospel movement there are many who also are pushing to get revival started in America (as the Third Great Awakening) and yet if we only read the Word of God, we'll discover that first, revivals are for Saints but more importantly, it isn't likely to happen because the world (people) are moving away from having anything to do with God. The World is blind to the Light of this world. It is the reason why the Gospel message must be proclaimed in full with nothing left out. Even when preachers proclaim to their flock the message weekly, they do so with the intent of rebuking, reproving, and edifying. Unless an unbeliever hears the message preached, unless they are pricked in their heart, unless God gives them a heart of stone to receive, they will NEVER believe. People are evil, corrupt, and look for more ways to be evil and do evil. Even the very words of Christ are, "the way is straight and narrow, FEW find it..." The way to hell is of course opposite "wide, and broad MANY enter through its gate".

It's about time we stop fooling around with nonsense and get back to Preaching the Word of the Living God. Time is short and tomorrow we are not guaranteed.

Posts 140
Josiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2019 1:40 PM

These types of posts are generally disproved of on these forums.

Posts 9859
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2019 1:46 PM

Well, at least I was intro'd to a historical movement (Logos resource, almost):

https://www.christianitytoday.com/history/people/activists/walter-rauschenbusch.html 

And Logos even has his collection too.

https://www.logos.com/product/28531/the-walter-rauschenbusch-collection 

My guess, the OP may have had something else in mind, but interesting author.

Posts 2907
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2019 6:07 PM

Josiah:

These types of posts are generally disproved of on these forums.

For these reasons:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Please abide by the following guidelines as you interact on our forums.

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.
  2. Please do not discuss or debate biblical, theological, or other controversial topics. Use one of the many web forums intended for these kinds of discussions.

See Forum Guidelines for more.

Posts 3069
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2019 6:22 PM

Raffaele Paglialunga:

I don't know what is happening where everyone else is at but from what I have been reading from all sorts of Christian authors, from all different walks of life, I am noticing a growing shift in the Gospel presentation.

I love learning by means of reading, as well as listening to different views, especially Christian conferences (T4G, G3, GospelColtion, ShepCon, etc). With that said, I am deeply broken in spirit by what I am seeing take place in the Christian world. I have often wondered where all this new nonsense came from and now I believe I know. This craziness of the Social Gospel comes from the Communist handbook and is eagerly promoted by American Christians who claim to be doing the Lord's work with an unfortunate clouded view of the Gospel itself. What is real troublesome is many very well known and deeply educated men whom I consider brethren are involved in this effort to Christianize the Social Gospel movement.

Besides the Social Gospel movement there are many who also are pushing to get revival started in America (as the Third Great Awakening) and yet if we only read the Word of God, we'll discover that first, revivals are for Saints but more importantly, it isn't likely to happen because the world (people) are moving away from having anything to do with God. The World is blind to the Light of this world. It is the reason why the Gospel message must be proclaimed in full with nothing left out. Even when preachers proclaim to their flock the message weekly, they do so with the intent of rebuking, reproving, and edifying. Unless an unbeliever hears the message preached, unless they are pricked in their heart, unless God gives them a heart of stone to receive, they will NEVER believe. People are evil, corrupt, and look for more ways to be evil and do evil. Even the very words of Christ are, "the way is straight and narrow, FEW find it..." The way to hell is of course opposite "wide, and broad MANY enter through its gate".

It's about time we stop fooling around with nonsense and get back to Preaching the Word of the Living God. Time is short and tomorrow we are not guaranteed.

Yes

Posts 409
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 5:24 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:

Raffaele Paglialunga:

Yes

Yes

Posts 778
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 6:44 AM

Paul:

Whyndell Gizzard:

Raffaele Paglialunga:

Yes

Yes

Thumbs up; and Canada, too.

Posts 9753
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 7:39 AM

scooter:

Paul:

Whyndell Gizzard:

Raffaele Paglialunga:

I don't know what is happening (...)

Yes

Yes

Thumbs up; and Canada, too.

I don't know what's happening either, but currently it looks like the OP (in good faith and concern over a perceived direction things are taking, and sensing danger behind that) made a post that transgresses the forum rules - thanks Sine Nomine for reminding all of us - and now the forum rules would not really allow interacting with Raffaele's position, thus no counterargument is raised, no discussion takes place, no nuance is given (not even a link to a Logos resource where such is discussed). Thanks to everybody who felt writing their bit of opinion and refrained from posting it!

But I feel it a bit one-sided and probably out of bounds, too, to thumb-up the OP in this situation - in other forums such a thread would have been locked by a moderator. We Logos users are mature enough to keep by the rules nonetheless, and I'd like all of us to show this. 

Sorry Raffaele, this just isn't the place for a topic like this.       

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 22
Raffaele Paglialunga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 8:49 AM

Just wanted to take a moment and apologize for this post... Not for its content because I can never recant that, but because I was unaware of the full rules about keeping the forum Logos based. 

Posts 1714
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 9:56 AM

Raffaele Paglialunga:
Just wanted to take a moment and apologize for this post.

The OP has been informed of the Forum rules and properly apologized. The Thread has been reported for Moderation. Have a blessed day as we live for Jesus and make disciples!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 22
Raffaele Paglialunga | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 10:20 AM

Thanks David

Posts 12
Christopher Bucklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 4:24 PM

I'm rather new to the forums, but if it's somehow against the rules to remind people to be faithful to the Gospel, then I have serious doubts about this company that I have invested thousands of dollars into.

Posts 1398
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 4:53 PM

Christopher Bucklin:

I'm rather new to the forums, but if it's somehow against the rules to remind people to be faithful to the Gospel, then I have serious doubts about this company that I have invested thousands of dollars into.

Christopher, probably 99.99% of users are here the ones who are striving to be “faithful for the Gospel“, that’s why they study, investing their money into Bible Software. You can research the forums and will see that people here are from many countries, denominations, and with different beliefs and some tried to express their view of the “true“ faith by bashing other users who hold different views and from different denominations. We saw here “Holy Wars” which brought lots of harm and etc. Some users here were disrespected, hurt, and still carry scars from the conflicts. I respect Faithlife for making the rules to limit this forum against theological debates. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 298
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2019 6:29 PM

Raffaele Paglialunga:

Amen.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 229
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 2:38 AM

Raffaele Paglialunga:

Amen

Posts 764
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 4:11 AM

Raffaele Paglialunga:

"... all these things must come to pass".

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 663
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 4:17 AM

Please can this post be deleted? The poster has recognised and apologised for his breach once it was pointed out. There’s no need for it to remain now.

Posts 409
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 5:05 AM

James McAdams:

Please can this post be deleted? The poster has recognised and apologised for his breach once it was pointed out. There’s no need for it to remain now.

Personally, I don't see why any deletion is necessary.  The original post and responses are instructive for anyone that cares to look. In these forums many breaches occur and deletion is not always necessary nor automatic. When opinions are not only prevented, but apologies and corrections are also blotted out, what might this say about the forum itself? 

As an aside - I don't live in the united States, but recall America being once described as "the land of the free" - hopefully it is still so - and long may it prosper.   Keep well Paul     

Posts 9859
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 5:37 AM

Paul:
recall America being once described as "the land of the free"

It's a lot more free, now that we ignore pesky forum rules that we agreed to, and courtesies that get in our way of our really important opinions. Free, free!

Posts 409
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 6:10 AM

Denise:

Paul:
recall America being once described as "the land of the free"

It's a lot more free, now that we ignore pesky forum rules that we agreed to, and courtesies that get in our way of our really important opinions. Free, free!

You make a good point! Our freedoms here are of course circumscribed by guidelines to which we freely assented. When guidelines become rules then our freedom is diminished a little bit more. When rules become laws then your freedoms may disappear.  Alternatively, we can simply cut to the chase and see the progression as natural and welcome order in our world of chaos.  Courtesies of course are different and given freely with mutual regard and respect. We all enjoy freedom, but sadly usually take it for granted until the day it is no more.  Keep well Paul      

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS