Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 10 2019 5:07 PM

Is there some reason for sorting by first name in the Sermon Guide section? I'd prefer the standard sort you use in the Library.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2373
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 2:39 PM

MJ. Smith:

Is there some reason for sorting by first name in the Sermon Guide section? I'd prefer the standard sort you use in the Library.

Hi MJ,

This is working as designed, sermons are tagged by the author's first name followed by his or her last name.

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 3:02 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
This is working as designed, sermons are tagged by the author's first name followed by his or her last name.

This is not an answer to MJ's question whether there was a reason to have it this way (which is cumbersome and inconsistent to the usual way Logos sorts authors). 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 13124
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2019 3:30 PM

FWIW I prefer it.

Posts 898
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2019 9:00 AM

Short story is that the author's name comes from a data base. This is the same data base that allows you to do people searches in Factbook. At this time the author's name in the data base is captured in [First] [Middle] [Last] format and displayed as such.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS