Time-based search feature

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1364
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 17 2019 4:59 PM

It happens to me all the time, that I will say "shoot! I was just reading something about this last week! Where the heck was it in my library?" And what I do remember will be too vague to search on without getting 1000s of hits. 

BUT... what if you could use Logos' history as a search limiter? That is, run a search limited to the resources opened in the last day, week, or month. *I* have no idea what all of those resources are, but Logos' history does!

That would be a killer feature for me. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2019 6:53 PM

After my useless suggestion to Milkman, L8 really can't be sorted by last accessed?

Though, I agree, a time-based filter would be really handy just to pull up yesterday's work (an example) in a saved icon.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2019 8:20 PM

In the detailed library view you can use the Last Accessed field.

Posts 1364
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 18 2019 6:08 AM

But do any of these actually let you search by “last accessed”? Can you select a number of unrelated books in the library and say “search these?” you’d need to make a collection, and then delete it. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1573
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 18 2019 7:16 AM

Ben:

BUT... what if you could use Logos' history as a search limiter? That is, run a search limited to the resources opened in the last day, week, or month. *I* have no idea what all of those resources are, but Logos' history does!

I like your idea--or simply having a find bar on the history panel would be helpful.

Here's a workaround: export your History as a PDF document and then use your PDF reader to search it. I just tried this, and it worked great. History seems to go back a month or so (I found my Palm Sunday prep); it was a 45 page document.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 18 2019 8:16 AM

Ben:
Can you select a number of unrelated books in the library and say “search these?”

Yes. This screencast demonstrates how

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 18 2019 8:40 AM

Fred Chapman:
In the detailed library view you can use the Last Accessed field.

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS