Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:46 AM

Posts 27554
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:50 AM

This is the kind of screenshot I was looking for: 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:50 AM

From the NKJV, my last screenshot (the purple icon) is exactly the same as the one next to it. I will provide another screenshot from the NASB side, 

Posts 27554
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:53 AM
Joseph Luna:
If I highlight it and copy it, I can make a blank note in my NKJV and paste the previous content.
What do you mean by this? You should NOT be highlighting and copying anything! The "corresponding note" visual filter is intended to prevent you from having to do so.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:54 AM

You are confusing me. This is what logos did when I used the corresponding notes. My second screenshot is below. 

Posts 24850
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 4:40 PM

Joseph,

It would help if you provided a screen shot of your Notes with no filtering - so that you see All (xxx results) at the top left, and nothing else (xxx is a number). Ensure that we can see the Type and Resource filters below it.

Also, the highlights in Eph 1, like IN CHRIST JESUS, IN CHRIST, IN HIM - do they come from the Highlighting tool, or are they a Visual filter for the resource?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:01 PM

Thank you Fred. I will look at the link you provided, but you know that the issue is not how I make my notes but how I transfer all my notes from one translation to another without finding out that the receiving translation has made duplicates and triplicates throughout the same parallel verses. 

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:07 PM

Dave, I don't quite understand what you are asking me to do (see my screenshot above if that is what you mean). Below you will see a screenshot of Eph 1 from my preferred bible (NASB) with all the accompanied notes I made throughout the years, 

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:11 PM

Joseph Luna:
but how I transfer all my notes from one translation to another

As I stated in my previous post, it is not possible (or necessary) to transfer notes from one translation to another, because notes do not reside in any of your resources. 

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:12 PM

JT, I did not copy or highlighted anything. the filter did it automatically once I checked off the appropriate box n the translation that appears on the right. Once I remove the check mark, it will disappear. By the way, I purposely blocked out all subtitles in the NT since none are inspired.  ;-)

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:22 PM

Fred, I have 26,000 notes on my NASB. My original intention was to switch to the NKJV and make it my preferred bible; however, I didn't want to start all over again with new notes and leave my 26,000 original notes behind. Now, since there is a filter called "corresponding notes, why not do it? otherwise, why is it there? 

When I spoke to a Logos tech about a month ago, he never told me I couldn't or shouldn't do it. Rather he tried to find a solution, but when he couldn't solve the issue, he made an inquiry from other techs trying to find out if they had seen the same problem before.

But since no one has complained about this problem before, he said he couldn't help me, and suggested to see if I could find a solution in the forums by asking around whether anyone else had encountered the same issue before. 

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 24 2019 7:35 PM

JT, I will give you an example of I was trying to tell you: 

Let's say that I create a note in the ESV in Heb. 1:3, if I choose to, I can highlight my created note and click copy. Afterwards, I go to a different translation, find Heb. 1:3, create a blank note and then paste what I wrote in the original note from the ESV. 

In your opinion, is there anything wrong with that?  

Posts 24850
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2019 2:29 AM

Joseph Luna:
Dave, I don't quite understand what you are asking me to do

I meant a screenshot of the Notes tool with no filtering.

How did you highlight the words like IN CHRIST, and IN HIM in the bible screenshots?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2019 2:56 AM

Joseph Luna:

Let's say that I create a note in the ESV in Heb. 1:3, if I choose to, I can highlight my created note and click copy. Afterward, I go to a different translation, find Heb. 1:3, create a blank note and then paste what I wrote in the original note from the ESV. 

This is definitely bad practice. If you really want a note to appear in another translation WITHOUT the corresponding VF (and it's a note on a selection), then simply add another anchor to the note (or replace the one you have). Identical note content should only ever exist in a single note.

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2019 6:51 AM

I created the highlights through the "Visual filter Docs" to emphasize the importance that Jesus Christ plays in the book of Ephesians. 

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2019 6:54 AM

You are correct; it takes too long and is not practical. I need to learn how to do that. Thanks, 

Posts 1825
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2019 9:56 AM

Joseph Luna:

JT, I will give you an example of I was trying to tell you: 

Let's say that I create a note in the ESV in Heb. 1:3, if I choose to, I can highlight my created note and click copy. Afterwards, I go to a different translation, find Heb. 1:3, create a blank note and then paste what I wrote in the original note from the ESV. 

See the highlighted, underlined italicized text.  This is where you are creating your own duplicates. You should NOT "transfer" notes. By using CORRESPONDING HIGHLITES, you are able to DISPLAY the notes from one translation while reading another translation.

Since the ESV has a Reverse-Interlinear when you create the original note it is anchored to Hebrews 1:3. If you open any other translation that has a Reverse Interlinear and select the checkboxes.

EXAMPLE: I have never done any highlights or notes in my NKJV. You will see that by clicking the corresponding boxes in the visual filter dropdown of the NKJV, then I have the ability to DISPLAY notes/highlights that I made in other translations (ESV or NASB).  Notice the yellow highlight of "an antitype" and the blue highlight of "the answer"

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 141
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2019 11:42 AM

Thank you JT, but I have done all that you are suggesting before, but my issue is that when I checked off the corresponding notes in the NKJV, the same notes repeated 2, 3 or 4 times throughout the translation. Please see the screenshot below and take note of verse 3 in the ESV shows twice (the exact same note) on that verse. 

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2019 12:57 PM

Joseph Luna:
Please see the screenshot below and take note of verse 3 in the ESV shows twice (the exact same note) on that verse. 

If it really is the "exact same note", then that note has (at least) two anchors. Please select all of verse 3 in the ESV then right click and from the context menu select "Open annotation(s)" and post a screenshot of the resulting Notes tool panel. If it is the exact same note, you'll only see a single note in the notes list with two or more anchors in the note. If, on the other hand, it is a "copy", then you'll see two separate notes. From the process you described before, I'm wondering whether the anchor that is obviously a text selection anchor was your original note, (now displayed via corresponding notes) and the and at the beginning of the note is one that you copied...(?)

Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS