Documents Access

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Victor J Rhodes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 26 2019 6:27 PM

Hello Logos Forum

I have selected several public documents and added them to my documents. My understanding is that these will then sync with my local database/installation of Logos 8 and be visible under Docs > Yours. I have four documents listed under Docs > Yours, but under my account at documents.logos.com there are 17 documents listed. How do I get them into my installation of Logos to access them? Some of the 17 listed in my account were downloaded in Jan & Feb, and I have opened Logos many times since then. I have not found out yet how to open and inspect a public document prior to downloading, so have downloaded them, and still have no access. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

Vic

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2019 7:03 AM

Victor J Rhodes:
I have selected several public documents and added them to my documents. My understanding is that these will then sync with my local database/installation of Logos 8 and be visible under Docs > Yours.

Yes. That happened for me almost instantaneously.

Victor J Rhodes:
I have four documents listed under Docs > Yours, but under my account at documents.logos.com there are 17 documents listed.

A total of 4 documents? Were they created by you? Is your list filtered by a name in the Find box?

Are the 17 docs listed as "Available"? Were any created by you?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4
Victor J Rhodes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2019 10:04 AM

Hi Dave

I created none of the documents in my file. I downloaded the 4 in my Docs > Yours tab soon after installing Logos. Those 4 synchronized right away. Since then I have viewed documents in the public folder and downloaded (I thought) them, but none of them appear in my Logos software, just under my account at documents.logos.com. Looks like the sync function is suspended or not connecting somehow.

Thanks for your reply.

Vic

Posts 4
Victor J Rhodes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2019 12:53 PM

Here is a screenshot of my Logos Docs showing 4 documents, and my account page showing all documents available.

Thanks

Vic

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

Everything appears to be working correctly. Collections, Guide Templates, and Notebooks do not currently show up in the Docs menu.

Collections can be viewed with the Collections tool.

Guide Templates are listed in the Guides menu.

Notebooks are listed in the Notes tool.

Posts 4
Victor J Rhodes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2019 4:09 PM

Got it. Thanks for clarifying how things work Andrew! Seems overly complex to me but I will learn. :-)

Vic

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

Victor J Rhodes:
Seems overly complex to me

To us too. Hopefully at some point in the future, those will be available in the Documents menu.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS