The Transforming Word Commentary Review

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 15 2019 6:03 AM

There’s a commentary on prepub called The Transforming Word. It hasn’t gathered much interest and it doesn’t surprise me.  Unfortunately, it’s associated with churches of Christ, when it shouldn’t.

Here’s the review: https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1477-clouds-without-water-a-review-of-the-new-acu-commentary

Anyway, it’s been around a while. I never thought it would actually make its way into Logos prepub. I just hope it never makes it out.

DAL

Posts 10454
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 7:26 AM

Thank you for that link. Quite interesting. Unfortunately, this is not the only commentary/series that would fit his review. There is plenty of garbage out there—and even some in Logos—Will stop there as I am about to cross the line drawn in the sand by the Forum Guidelines Zip it!

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 8:18 AM

Jack Caviness:

Thank you for that link. Quite interesting. Unfortunately, this is not the only commentary/series that would fit his review. There is plenty of garbage out there—and even some in Logos—Will stop there as I am about to cross the line drawn in the sand by the Forum Guidelines Zip it!

Yep we have a few of those in Logos, we don’t need another one 👍😁👌

Posts 1942
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 15 2019 9:27 AM

I think the review is misleading.  There is nothing in the examples provided that you won’t find in every scholarly commentary written.  All available evidence does point to Mark (via Peter) being written first, a Q sayings gospel, and Matthew and Luke using Mark as an outline.  Also, it is a fact that the Hebrew in Isaiah indicates a young woman, but what the author of the review doesn’t understand is that there can be a near and a far fulfillment.  I don’t know anything about the commentary, but what the reviewer claims is ”liberalism,” whatever that means, can be found in every ”conservative” scholarly commentary.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS