NEW WEBSITE PROBLEM - PREPUBS

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 38 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 9:25 AM

Petah and Vincent,

Thank you both for your input on this thread, and I apologize for the confusion it's caused. We had intended it to be a helpful change to hide things that were already owned/ordered, but it makes sense that there are situations where that is not actually helpful - sorry that we made the wrong choice there. 

We are working on fixing this now and wanted to ask your for your input. Which of these scenarios would be most helpful for you?

• Hide owned collections, but display pre-ordered collections
  • Display both owned and pre-ordered collections

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback; and thanks for your patience as we work out a few bumps. 

Posts 13358
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 10:19 AM

I would like to see the same information as someone who isn't logged in — but with a clear indication if I already own (or have pre-ordered) the bigger collection. Greying out the purchase price would be sufficient as a mark of ownership. Ideally, collections I already own would be at the end of the list, too.

While I have your attention, can I repeat a common plea to move the ownership filter to the top of the list when searching, and make the setting sticky. It's by far the most useful filter of them all and scrolling down every time is a pain. And lots of people didn't even notice it was there!

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 10:35 AM

Thanks for considering changing that behavior back.

Displaying both owned and pre-ordered collections would be most useful for me.

I think it’s fine to try new ideas. We don’t know if a change will be better or not until we spend time trying it out.

Thanks again.

Posts 323
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 4:38 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Petah and Vincent,

Thank you both for your input on this thread, and I apologize for the confusion it's caused. We had intended it to be a helpful change to hide things that were already owned/ordered, but it makes sense that there are situations where that is not actually helpful - sorry that we made the wrong choice there. 

We are working on fixing this now and wanted to ask your for your input. Which of these scenarios would be most helpful for you?

• Hide owned collections, but display pre-ordered collections

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback; and thanks for your patience as we work out a few bumps. 

Dear Celeste

Please allow this:

At the bare minimum, please display pre-ordered collections. I do not want to double pre-order a resource (one by itself, another within a bundle).

Thank you for listening to us.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 323
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 12:24 AM

Bump for Celeste.

Director

Singapore

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 8:27 AM

Vincent Chia:

Bump for Celeste.

Thanks for the feedback. We're working on exposing both pre-ordered and owned collections. We might not be able to put them in a specific order just yet, but we'll get them exposed again shortly. 

Posts 3034
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 8:36 AM

Thank you Celeste. I agree with every word of Mark's post above.

Posts 323
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 1 2019 7:29 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Vincent Chia:

Bump for Celeste.

Thanks for the feedback. We're working on exposing both pre-ordered and owned collections. We might not be able to put them in a specific order just yet, but we'll get them exposed again shortly. 

Thank you very much Celeste :)

Director

Singapore

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 10:01 AM

Another problem I see is that you can’t filter Prepubs by “Ship date.” You can filter by “Progress” and some include ship date, but others don’t.  It’d be extremely helpful if we could get sort by “ship date” back!

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 10:51 AM

DAL:

Another problem I see is that you can’t filter Prepubs by “Ship date.” You can filter by “Progress” and some include ship date, but others don’t.  It’d be extremely helpful if we could get sort by “ship date” back!

Thanks!

DAL

We included the "Ship date" logic in the "Progress" sort, so if there is a ship date known, it is shown and sorted by that. Does that make sense? Does that solve what you're trying to do?

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 11:01 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:

DAL:

Thanks!

DAL

We included the "Ship date" logic in the "Progress" sort, so if there is a ship date known, it is shown and sorted by that. Does that make sense? Does that solve what you're trying to do?

Thanks Celeste, but “Ship date” narrowed it down to seeing only those resources that were about to ship first. With the new website you have to scroll down and some show the ship date others don’t.  It’d be nice to keep them separate and save time when browsing what’s about to ship in order to make purchase decisions.

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 11:36 AM

DAL:
Thanks Celeste, but “Ship date” narrowed it down to seeing only those resources that were about to ship first. With the new website you have to scroll down and some show the ship date others don’t.  It’d be nice to keep them separate and save time when browsing what’s about to ship in order to make purchase decisions.

Does this give you the view you're looking for? https://www.logos.com/search?limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&filters=status-prepub_Status%2Bstatus-prepub-undercontract_Pre-Pub%2Bstatus-prepub-undercontract-shippingsoon_Under%20Contract

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2019 12:13 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

DAL:

Does this give you the view you're looking for? https://www.logos.com/search?limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&filters=status-prepub_Status%2Bstatus-prepub-undercontract_Pre-Pub%2Bstatus-prepub-undercontract-shippingsoon_Under%20Contract

Yes! This one is much better 👍😁👌 What did you do?

DAL

Posts 323
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2019 5:45 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Vincent Chia:

Bump for Celeste.

Hello and greetings again :) 

Dear Celeste, 

Is there a predicted time line for the pre-ordered and owned collections to appear on the pre-ordered resource page? 

It is currently extremely frustrating to log in and log out my account every time I want to peruse a pre-ordered product, to check if it is included in another pre-order bundle.

The current new website is a downgrade from the previous one. I have no idea why Faithlife wants to make life miserable for customers :(

Director

Singapore

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2019 6:21 PM

Vincent Chia:
It is currently extremely frustrating to log in and log out my account every time I want to peruse a pre-ordered product, to check if it is included in another pre-order bundle.

Just change www.logos.com to classic.logos.com for now, to avoid the inconvenience of logging in and out. The classic product pages still show all collections, including ordered and owned.

Vincent Chia:
The current new website is a downgrade from the previous one.

I'm sorry that some functionality you depend on doesn't do what you want yet.

Thankful that FL has and is continuing to make improvements to the new website.

Overall, the new website does more things better, than worse, so it's likely more of an upgrade (both for FL and for us).

Vincent Chia:
I have no idea why Faithlife wants to make life miserable for customers :(

Why would FL want to do that?

Posts 323
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2019 12:12 AM

https://classic.logos.com/ no longer has many of the previous web pages. No pre-orders or resource page... Not that I can see. 

Director

Singapore

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2019 1:52 AM

Your pre-pub orders still show up at the old site:

https://classic.logos.com/account/orders/prepubs

Here's one of your examples of a pre-pub that's also part of a collection:

https://www.logos.com/product/177595/natural-law-a-brief-introduction-and-biblical-defense

If you look at the same product on the classic site, you can see the collection that it's included in, regardless of order status or ownership:

https://classic.logos.com/product/177595/natural-law-a-brief-introduction-and-biblical-defense 

Hope that helps, Vincent!

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 5:39 PM

Vincent Chia:
Is there a predicted time line for the pre-ordered and owned collections to appear on the pre-ordered resource page?

I noticed that pre-ordered and owned collections now appear in the "This title is included in..." section. Thanks, FL!

Is everything working out ok now, Vincent?

Posts 323
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 7:25 PM

PetahChristian:

Vincent Chia:

I noticed that pre-ordered and owned collections now appear in the "This title is included in..." section. Thanks, FL!

Is everything working out ok now, Vincent?

Yes. I am seeing new pre-pubs with the associated collections displayed. Older pre-pubs would still require the Classic website :)

Thank you so much PetahChristian for your labor of love and assistance. Much appreciated!!!

Director

Singapore

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS