New Website - Pre-pub shipping date

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 48
RHC | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 27 2019 11:02 AM

On the new website, has anyone found a way to see which pre-pubs are shipping today or in the near future? Sorting by "progress" no longer lists the pre-pubs in order of shipping date, and trying to use https://classic.logos.com/ for pre-pubs just redirects to the new Logos website.

Posts 18646
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 12:24 PM

You can see the pre-pubs you've ordered in order of shipping date by going to your profile and clicking on Open Pre-Pubs (which takes you to this link: https://www.logos.com/account/prepubs). But I can't see a way to view all pre-pubs which are shipping soon, or to sort pre-pubs by shipdate.

Posts 48
RHC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 12:29 PM

I noticed that in another thread a Faithlife rep said that they'll work on fixing the pre-pub sorting so that it sorts by ship date.

Posts 369
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 2:34 PM

I could see the prepub page on classic.logos yesterday but everything redirects now to the new page, unfortunately.

This is as close as i could get but it is a far cry from the functionality we used to have:

https://www.logos.com/search?limit=60&page=1&filters=status-prepub_Status%2Bspecial-lastchance_Specials&ownership=unowned 

Posts 369
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 4:59 PM

Which is fine for purchases you have already made but doesn’t tell you about books that you don’t own which are going live in the next few days. 

Posts 877
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 10:12 PM

Surely Faithlife's desire is that we order pre-pubs earlier as otherwise some won't get into publication at all.  I check this link daily:

https://www.logos.com/search?sortBy=Newest&limit=60&page=1&filters=status-prepub_Status%2Blanguage-english_Language&ownership=all

You can then always check your order page to see release dates. Only occasionally have I had to cancel some books if too many are releasing at once and taking my spending too high.

Posts 292
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 12:21 AM

It looks like it has been fixed now! Thank you, FL!

Posts 369
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 1:52 AM

i don't see anything that has been fixed.

Posts 369
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 1:59 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Surely Faithlife's desire is that we order pre-pubs earlier as otherwise some won't get into publication at all.  I check this link daily:

https://www.logos.com/search?sortBy=Newest&limit=60&page=1&filters=status-prepub_Status%2Blanguage-english_Language&ownership=all

You can then always check your order page to see release dates. Only occasionally have I had to cancel some books if too many are releasing at once and taking my spending too high.

That may be their desire but checking the prepub page everyday is not practical for me.  If i happen to see something i want, I will put in a prepub order.  Otherwise, I check on Saturday what is deliverying in the next week and put in my orders.  That way I only have to look at list of 10 or 20 books versus the over 1,000 that your search query brings up.

Posts 877
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 2:34 AM

Robert Neely:

Paul Caneparo:

That may be their desire but checking the prepub page everyday is not practical for me.  If i happen to see something i want, I will put in a prepub order.  Otherwise, I check on Saturday what is deliverying in the next week and put in my orders.  That way I only have to look at list of 10 or 20 books versus the over 1,000 that your search query brings up.

I'm sure we all have our own ways. By looking daily I only need look at the top few results. Also some books will never be produced unless we order and so never get to the point of being shipped in a few weeks. I find Logos tend to send out emails anyway of books about to be released.

Posts 292
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 4:45 AM

Robert Neely:
i don't see anything that has been fixed.

Sorry! I was looking at my order page! My mistake!

Posts 369
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 5:22 AM

Paul Caneparo:

I'm sure we all have our own ways. By looking daily I only need look at the top few results. Also some books will never be produced unless we order and so never get to the point of being shipped in a few weeks. I find Logos tend to send out emails anyway of books about to be released.

i understand some books will never be shipped if we don’t order prepubs.  I have over $2000 in open prepub orders going back to April 2017. 

Still I would like to have the same functionality that we used to have to see exactly what is shipping over the next few days in case there is something that I am interested in and can get it before the price goes up 30-40%.

Like you said, we all have our own ways of using the website but in my opinion this is some basic functionality that should have been verified.  Hopefully it will be rectified soon  

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 8:51 AM

wish there was a way to get back to the nice table format of open orders/prepubs/history etc vs the huge 5 lines or more for each item. just a massive waste of space and scrolling to get the same infor that we used to get in seconds.

Posts 877
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 11:05 AM

Robert Neely:

Paul Caneparo:

i understand some books will never be shipped if we don’t order prepubs.  I have over $2000 in open prepub orders going back to April 2017. 

Still I would like to have the same functionality that we used to have to see exactly what is shipping over the next few days in case there is something that I am interested in and can get it before the price goes up 30-40%.

Like you said, we all have our own ways of using the website but in my opinion this is some basic functionality that should have been verified.  Hopefully it will be rectified soon  

Wow! I can see why your point is important to you.

Posts 257
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 1:37 PM

We're sorry this happened, it wasn't an intentional change with the new website. We plan to have sorting Pre-Pubs by ship date working in the next few business days. 

Posts 369
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2019 4:24 PM

Perrrrrfect!!  Thank you, thank you!!

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS