Best commentaries sale back

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 11:40 AM

No clue when it ends though... anyone know?

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 12:22 PM

One sale ends, and another starts.

We're in a war, people! Big Smile

Posts 1825
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 12:37 PM

Double check with BestCommentaries.com! the ranking on some of the resources on the sale page is not the same ranking as I found today at the BC website. (i.e. Ezra & Nehemiah is listed on the sale page as #5, but BC.com has it as #7)

Best Commentaries lists Schreiner as the #2 on Romans

The Logos sales doesn't even list this commentary...

although Logos does list that resource as being available as part of this bundle, and other BECNT are available as single resources.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 12:42 PM

This happened before. The rankings in the sale skip over titles not available in Logos.

Posts 1825
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 12:56 PM

Lee:
The rankings in the sale skip over titles not available in Logos.

But Schreiner:Romans IS available in Logos. And BECNT on Acts is available and on sale as a single volume Tongue Tied

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 12:59 PM

Oops. I guess I don't know then.

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 1:07 PM

I had to make a tough choice between getting the new Keener Galatians (not on sale but ships tomorrow) or the Keener John (in this sale).... went for John and will hope Keener Galatians goes on sale in 10 years from now because Baker is terrible w/ good sales :) 

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 1:39 PM

I already have almost everything in the list, but this is a terrific sale.  Wish I could have bought this way years ago.  Don't pass up anything you can afford.

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 1:47 PM

Mattillo:

I had to make a tough choice between getting the new Keener Galatians (not on sale but ships tomorrow) or the Keener John (in this sale).... went for John and will hope Keener Galatians goes on sale in 10 years from now because Baker is terrible w/ good sales :) 

Your comment suggests that you have already acted on your option, but the sale ends 8/15/19 at 11:59:59 PM PDT supporting the option of delaying on Keener John and picking up Keener Galatians now. Sorry if this comes too late for you, but it may be of use to others with a similar dilemma, like myself.

Edit:You could return John and pick up Galatians tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 6:32 PM

Beloved:

Mattillo:

Your comment suggests that you have already acted on your option, but the sale ends 8/15/19 at 11:59:59 PM PDT supporting the option of delaying on Keener John and picking up Keener Galatians now. Sorry if this comes too late for you, but it may be of use to others with a similar dilemma, like myself.

Edit:You could return John and pick up Galatians tomorrow.

Thank you! Where did you see the sale end date? I don't see it on my mobile browser

Posts 420
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 7:40 PM

I think this is an excellent sale for those who haven't got hold of some of the commentaries available. Maybe some tough choices for the budget, but well worth looking. Keep well Paul 

Posts 532
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2019 5:25 AM

GaoLu:

I already have almost everything in the list, but this is a terrific sale.  Wish I could have bought this way years ago.  Don't pass up anything you can afford.

Ditto Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2019 6:03 AM

Mattillo:
Thank you! Where did you see the sale end date? I don't see it on my mobile browser

I got the info from my sales person.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2019 5:53 PM

This sale reminds me how thankful I am for how many of these volumes are currently in my library. Excellent sale!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2019 6:20 PM

Strange how LOGOS have the revised (2014) edition of Fee's NICNT 1 Corinthians ranked as 1 when it's actually ranked at 12 at best commentaries. It's the original 1987 edition  that is ranked as 1 and is the edition that should be on sale really. For the next few  hours at least Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS