OK, I'm getting discouraged, tell me something good, please

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 11 2010 8:30 AM

While I love helping others, and putting my $0.02 in on contentious topics, I have been getting a little discouraged with the current trend of all bad news.

If you would, tell me something you love about Logos 4, a favorite feature, resource, or perhaps how it helps you get something done.

I will start:

I love how Logos 4 works with pericopes in a natural, instinctive way. So much Bible software is tied only to the verse / chapter system, with L4 we are allowed to reach beyond that to units of logical thought. A great deal of time and effort must have gone into making this an active part of L4, and for that I am truly blessed, and entirely grateful.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 2197
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 8:36 AM

I love the ability to export clippings to a RTF document.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 8:43 AM

I love passage lists. :-D

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 8:46 AM

i like the Parallel Resources feature. It searches through all the parallel resources prior to putting up the list. Thus giving me resources which are relevant to the reference that i am looking for.

i like the new Passage List. i am finding new topics to create PL on and find them very useful.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3752
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 8:59 AM

I love the new reports... especially Biblical Places & Biblical Things... They make it MUCH easier to find this info...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 9:04 AM

Logos is great...

But here something worth far more than my  2 cents.

Ephesians 1:3–7

Colossians 1:13–14

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 9:11 AM

sympathetic highlighting, BWS word rings, backup syncing. Good bye CD hassles, multi-monitor support. dynamic collections, everything everyone else already mentioned, cleaner library, tagging support, improved searching ability, customizable and savable guides, I'm sure i could think of some more, but what I've downloaded to get a printer working is done now :-)

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 9:35 AM

Anthony Hamlin:

Logos is great...

But here something worth far more than my  2 cents.

Ephesians 1:3–7

Colossians 1:13–14

And here I thought someone would post this reference first:

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 23
Kevin Nicholas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 9:46 AM

with myself being relatively unlearned in biblical studies, I like that I can double click on a word if I dont know the meaning and up pops the dictionary. Or if I want to see the greek or hebrew word, right click it and bring up the lexicon.  There are many things that I find I like and are useful with this application. It has been well worth the money I paid for it. I even have my teenage son using it for bible study.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 10:18 AM

Kevin Nicholas:
I like that I can double click on a word if I dont know the meaning and up pops the dictionary.

I love the "Information" tool for this as well. I have always been one who keeps a dictionary handy, and I really enjoy having the automatic look-up.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 10:28 AM

Paul Golder:
Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος.

He asked about Logos 4, and you only listed 3 Cool

I love that I'm studying more, learning more, reading the Bible more.

I even find myself using Logos4 just to look up an English word in my Oxford Dictionary. Makes me want Encyl. Brit. for Logos. I don't have much on Quarks in Logos at present.

Posts 103
Tim Hogan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 10:42 AM

Sympathetic Highlighting- Yes (good call)

AND L4 is faster on my desktop then it was 3 mos ago, and I don't need to know why :)

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 10:51 AM

Paul Golder:
I have been getting a little discouraged with the current trend of all bad news.

As for me, when I have a problem I post about it. If I need help, I post a question. If everything is working great, I may read here a little, but I spend my time using the software. I rarely take time to post how well it is working and how much I am using it. I suspect this may be true for many. I really love the visual filters and their abilities. Passage lists are great, and quite helpful. Both the Information window and the power look-up really make things flow smoothly. And how awesome is the resource window resizing and re-aligning! I use the Bible Word Study a lot, and love the grammatical relationships and the word rings. The analysis view of the search window is incredible. I could go on and on, but I want to get back to it. I just bought Mounce's Expository Dictionary and want to play with it. Keep up the awesome work Logos.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 10:52 AM

I love that it's cured me of addiction to computer games. If I want to while away time at my computer, I've got various Logos books on the go - tho I must admit I'm somewhat addicted to the website!

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 11:21 AM

Dewayne Davis:

Paul Golder:
I have been getting a little discouraged with the current trend of all bad news.

As for me, when I have a problem I post about it. If I need help, I post a question. If everything is working great, I may read here a little, but I spend my time using the software. I rarely take time to post how well it is working and how much I am using it. I suspect this may be true for many. I really love the visual filters and their abilities. Passage lists are great, and quite helpful. Both the Information window and the power look-up really make things flow smoothly. And how awesome is the resource window resizing and re-aligning! I use the Bible Word Study a lot, and love the grammatical relationships and the word rings. The analysis view of the search window is incredible. I could go on and on, but I want to get back to it. I just bought Mounce's Expository Dictionary and want to play with it. Keep up the awesome work Logos.

and I have to mention the new 'follow' link and the Text Comparison... oh and the Word Tree!

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 11:22 AM

I love that my Logos Library has all kinds of books and resources that will take more than a lifetime to read and enjoy. Including ones that use words like "peregrinations".

Posts 10866
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 11:42 AM

I love the Cited By tool. I am very fond of Layouts and Reading Plans and all those things mentioned by others.

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:27 PM

I like the power lookup feature.  I like the way it can be made to automatically lookup cross references in the bible.  I also like the way you can right click on a verse to get a quick lookup of various commentaries.  Overall I love the way that things can be made to follow automatically if you want them to,

Posts 706
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:31 PM

New Interlinear set-up I really like, improved searching is good, the power lookup to name a few...

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 11 2010 1:18 PM

Dewayne Davis:

and I have to mention the new 'follow' link and the Text Comparison... oh and the Word Tree!

"Follow" Link.... I'm not following. What and where is this?

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS