My Library Away From Home

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Richard Bush | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 17 2019 8:00 PM

Hello,

I will be living in another city for three or four months and wanted to know how I can access my library. I thought about using a program like "Screens" but did not know if there was an easier access.

Thank you to anyone that has some thoughts,

Richard Bush

Posts 4903
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 8:08 PM

You have two options:

1. mobile app

2. web app - https://app.logos.com/

option 2 will require internet access

option 1 can be used without internet access, you will need to download the resources you want access to during that time.

it is not recommended to download your whole library and not all functions will work in mobile app if you do not have internet access.

Posts 259
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 8:37 PM

While I've never tried using Logos over a remote connection app, connecting to your home computer, but I can only imagine it wouldn't run that well. I agree that the best way would be the web-based application. While it does require internet, you can do almost everything you can with the full desktop application. 

The iOS/Android versions of Logos are great, as well, and while you can do a majority of what you would do on a regular computer, you are limited to really one screen at a time, unless you are using a larger tablet, like the 12inch iPad pro. I have used both and both do a wonderful job. It's really up to what suits you best. 

Posts 13342
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 1:01 AM

I use Logos remotely (via Remote Desktop Connection), and it works pretty well.

Posts 2278
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 2:52 AM

For Android devices:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.rdc.android&hl=de

Whether there's anything like this for Apple, I don't know.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 11
Richard Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 12:49 PM

Thank you for your suggestion.

Posts 194
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 5:29 PM

From your question, I am presuming that you use Logos on a desktop computer. While it may sound radical, if you are happy with how Logos functions on your current machine, you may consider taking your desktop computer (power cord, monitor, etc.) with you, if that is feasible. Or you could acquire a laptop (or install Logos on it if you already have one). Or you could use one or more of the methods already specified (mobile app, web access). Or you could install Logos on a machine that you’ll have access to in your new location. Hope something works for you!

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS