The Next Sale is here .... Download Days 50% off Ends 22July

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 18 2019 1:34 AM

Click here -> Download Days

If you are a Logos Connect member note that 1971 of the titles in the list of 3403 titles on offer are part of the 

Faithlife E-books Classics List from which you can pick 3 free titles at the start of each month. So choose with this in mind.

Posts 2314
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 2:58 AM

Oh, how I wish that my wishlist had not been deleted by the website update...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 5:54 AM

Nice but the filter is not working properly. I want to see highest price first.

DAL

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 2:29 PM

Has anyone found some gems among these offerings?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1838
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 2:57 PM

Beloved:

I found 10 commentaries that I will get on this sale. This 50% is cheaper than seven of the same volumes are being offered in the "Best Commentaries promotion".

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 10047
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 3:32 PM

Beloved:

well, gems are in the eye of the beholder. I found some commentaries from POSB or from BCBC (both series I haven't seen much from, so it's not "must have's" but rather rounding perspectives out and trying something new - not too bad at 50%), and some other books - some very small priced which in theory I could get for free as part of the Connect membership, but probably wouldn't in the next dozen of years. And a Theology book from Gary Staats. 

Only one book from my long wishlist was included in this sale (from CBE) , so I rather went from larger price downward, also looked at bestselling and additionally tried some facets to sort and filter - like theological traditions - and when contemplating a book, I rather thought: if this book comes on any random day as the daily 50% offer, would you take it - and if yes, then why not put it into the cart today?

Overall, I took this as a chance to look at different things than usual. After all, you can't do much wrong when buying a book for the price of a coffee. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:12 PM

Beloved:

My cup of tea; 

https://www.logos.com/product/15762/beyond-the-river-new-perspectives-on-transeuphratene 

The TOC is a bit thin. So I downloaded it ... what I wanted. Looking at the approx 300 year Persian period surrounding Canaan. Persian period data is thin, and thus the necessity for dragging the whole kitchen sink into play. $10.

This is the 4th Persian period resource to get a major discount this year ... woo hoo!

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:19 PM

David Thomas:
I found 10 commentaries that I will get on this sale. This 50% is cheaper than seven of the same volumes are being offered in the "Best Commentaries promotion"

Appreciate your comment, however, I'm not quite sure which commentaries among Best Commentaries Sale you're referring to.

NB.Mick:
gems are in the eye of the beholder.

You're so right Mick! And since FL has caught my eye with the abundance of sales we've been entertained with. This latest sale has failed to produce the itch to spend further. I almost went for a Michael Bird title, 

https://www.logos.com/product/163653/paul-and-the-second-century but balked in favor of one of my prepubs. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 3237
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:23 PM

David Thomas:

Beloved:

I found 10 commentaries that I will get on this sale. This 50% is cheaper than seven of the same volumes are being offered in the "Best Commentaries promotion".

Could you share which ones you are referring to?

Posts 3237
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:23 PM

David Thomas:

Beloved:

Could you share which ones you are referring to?

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:26 PM

Denise:

Beloved:

My cup of tea; 

https://www.logos.com/product/15762/beyond-the-river-new-perspectives-on-transeuphratene 

The TOC is a bit thin. So I downloaded it ... what I wanted. Looking at the approx 300 year Persian period surrounding Canaan. Persian period data is thin, and thus the necessity for dragging the whole kitchen sink into play. $10.

This is the 4th Persian period resource to get a major discount this year ... woo hoo!

Ahh! Denise to the rescue. Now there's a gem indeedGeeked

Posts 8948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 5:37 PM

Beloved:
Ahh! Denise to the rescue. Now there's a gem indeedGeeked

Looks like a gem indeed!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2314
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 3:41 AM

Here's a possible gem:

https://www.logos.com/product/52305/scripture-a-guide-for-the-perplexed

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 5:40 AM

There may be a few gems, as described above, but this is otherwise not a very exciting sell. Most are PD, and those that are not are older works. First sale I've seen from Logos where these wasn't at least something of interest to me. lol.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 540
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 6:06 AM

Jan Krohn:

I grabbed that one - since it was on my wish list Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 41
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 6:35 AM

Anyway to search the sale and your wishlist at the same time?

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 6:59 AM

David Paul:

That was one I picked up at a nice discount. Just to illustrate issues (without saying true/false), there's something odd about:

- A short exile; well within a single generation. But the jews (Judah leadership) reluctant to go back. Later sectarians argued the exile was still going strong. And Babylon continued as a major center of jewish study. The land?

- The Persian period almost as invisible. Instead some hints from the Upper-Nile, and a single cave. And a LONG time. 3 centuries, 15 generations.

- Replacement of hebrew with aramaic? Stick-writing? Something went badly wrong, I'd assume.

Posts 678
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 12:52 PM

Steven New:

Anyway to search the sale and your wishlist at the same time?

Your wishlist price will be red if it's on sale.

Posts 73
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 1:21 PM

DAL:

Nice but the filter is not working properly. I want to see highest price first.

DAL

LOL... THAT is great! I suspect that -- when we reach heaven -- we'll all have an unlimited book budget! $$ Cool

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS