scan resource path

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1404
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 26 2019 3:20 PM

I transferred the books to my new computer via an external hard drive. I used the scan resource path command.. in my case scan [C:\Users\blair\AppData\Local\Logos] but logos still shows I need to download resources that are currently there. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Posts 10052
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2019 3:56 PM

Blair Laird:
I transferred the books to my new computer via an external hard drive. I used the scan resource path command.. in my case scan [C:\Users\blair\AppData\Local\Logos]

if they were on the external hard drive, wouldn't you scan e:\ or whatever drive the external HD is represented by in the file explorer? 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1404
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2019 8:02 PM

I transferred them to my c: drive. I am not sure how long it takes to recognize them but I would think it should be sort of instantaneous 

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2019 8:24 PM

Scanning and transferring are very different ways to get resources on your C: drive. If you transfer them via the OS File Explorer, they will be ignored!

Scanning works from the GO/Command box in Logos. Type Scan E:\ , where E is the external hard drive letter, and the resources will be recognised and transferred (you don't have to delete the resources you transferred, provided they are in the correct folder i.e. C:\Users\blair\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\random\ResourceManager\Resources).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS