"This Resource is Not Currently Available On This Device" - Logos Bible Software 8.6 8.6.0.0052 on macOS system

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 30
178294z | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 4 2019 7:23 PM

My desktop program gets the error "This Resource is Not Currently Available On This Device but here's a preview" when I try to open resources from my library. I am running Logos 8.6 8.6.0.0052 on macOS system fully updated. 

Any thoughts? 

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2019 7:47 PM

178294z:
Any thoughts?

Newer versions of L8 introduced "cloud resources." A strong following of users have requested the ability to download only parts of their library. It appears that you have some resources "in the cloud." 

Go to preferences and see what your settings are for "use internet." 

You will need to make sure to use the right settings for your preference. You will then need to download manually any resources which you want downloaded which were not previously downloaded. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2019 9:36 AM

178294z:
My desktop program gets the error "This Resource is Not Currently Available On This Device but here's a preview" when I try to open resources from my library.

See this wiki article for ways to find and download "cloud" resources.

In Program Settings, check that Download New Resources = YES (else they are in the "cloud").

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 45
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 6:53 AM

Did either of the two solutions below help you? I had the same trouble running 8.5.0.0026 on a PC, but under the 'About' heading on the help drop down, I noticed that my version wasn't the same as yours. I told it to do an application update. This didn't help. Pressing the 'Download now' button didn't help either.

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 6:57 AM

Please give us a screen shot of your “use Internet “ settings 

Posts 45
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2019 3:37 PM

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2019 6:47 PM

Based on your settings, you will only be able to get updates between 10 PM & 6 AM. Is that when you are trying to get the updates? It will only work during those hours.

Also: If for some reason your settings got changed and there was a period of time where new resources didn't download, you might have to manually download those that didn't. Sort/Filter your library for those resources. 

Posts 3054
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2019 6:51 PM

JT (alabama24):
Based on your settings, you will only be able to get updates between 10 PM & 6 AM. Is that when you are trying to get the updates? It will only work during those hours.

Hmmm. I would read those settings as meaning that Logos will automatically download resources only within that time period, but that I could still manually download whenever I want.

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2019 4:06 AM

Darren Loechel:

Your resources will automatically download between those hours, provided Logos is running (and your computer may need to be awake; not sleeping). However, the metadata can download and make it look like the resource is available; but you get the "not currently available" message instead. So manually download them as I indicated earlier.

You could change the Auto Download setting to NO, and start the download when you are ready e.g. before you go to bed!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 45
Darren Loechel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:50 PM

Thank you all very much. Changing those settings meant it downloaded straight away. I thought it would download automatically during that time, and didn't realise Logos had to be running.

I will thank you personally in heaven!

Darren

Posts 24930
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:57 PM

I'm rewarded already.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2019 6:05 PM

SineNomine:
I would read those settings as meaning that Logos will automatically download resources only within that time period, but that I could still manually download whenever I want.

I can understand the confusion, but that isn't what FL means. For the record, I think the behavior should conform to how you view it. 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS