Why is my MIDI Player not working?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 12 2010 12:34 PM

Hello,

I was curious to know why my MIDI Player is not working. I have the option to push play and pause but no sound comes out..

Thank You!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 12 2010 12:38 PM

There could be something wrong with your computer's sound setting. Open  your volume control panel, is the MIDI control muted or some other setting askew? Could you open a MIDI file in another program and get sound?

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 12 2010 12:52 PM

Kevin Becker:

There could be something wrong with your computer's sound setting. Open  your volume control panel, is the MIDI control muted or some other setting askew? Could you open a MIDI file in another program and get sound?

When I open the volume control panel I do not see a MIDI control column...

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 12 2010 1:23 PM

Was Logos playing when you checked the volume control? Here's what mine looks like with L4 playing a midi file (Win7). Depending on your settings only the devices/programs playing sound will show. A program could be muted without the main volume being muted.

Posts 2112
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 12 2010 2:11 PM

To get the MIDI player working in Logos 4, I needed to upgrade my Windows Media player. I was using version 9 and had to upgrade to version 10. There is a trouble shooting article about this on Logos website.

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2010 5:53 PM

I had the same problem for months but was instructed to upgrade my media player and never had any additional trouble. It seems as though this was the problem with many who posted in the forums. 

Blessings,

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2010 6:10 PM

Hello,

Thank you much all, For your participation in my Media Player remedy!  It turns out it was a need for the upgrade. 

Thank You!

Douglas

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS