Searching For All The Instances Where God is Creator

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 46
Dan Starcevich | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 16 2019 1:56 PM

I am running Logos 8.6 and am looking for a query that will find all the instances where God is the creator.  Does anyone have a query they use and think it finds all the verses they might like to share?

Thanks!

Dan

Posts 451
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 2:34 PM

I'm not at my computer right now, but if memory serves, I think Reasons to Believe has a very exhaustive list on their web page. I'll see if can dig it out when I get to my laptop in the morning (it is 22:34 here in the UK).

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 4623
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 3:00 PM

Are you talking about verses where something is created by God; or where God is referred to as The Creator?

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 4:58 PM

Dan Starcevich:
Does anyone have a query they use and think it finds all the verses they might like to share?

(<Sense to form (create)>, <Sense to create>, <Sense to be created>)   WITHIN 0-5 WORDS <Person God>

where the 0 in 0-5 WORDS will include a word that is tagged both for God and the verb "create(d)".

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 451
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 11:24 PM

Liam Maguire:

I'm not at my computer right now, but if memory serves, I think Reasons to Believe has a very exhaustive list on their web page. I'll see if can dig it out when I get to my laptop in the morning (it is 22:34 here in the UK).

Apologies, I can't seem to find the article now. Hopefully, Dave's search example will give you what you need.

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 3190
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2019 5:19 AM

Dave Hooton:

Dan Starcevich:
Does anyone have a query they use and think it finds all the verses they might like to share?

(<Sense to form (create)>, <Sense to create>, <Sense to be created>)   WITHIN 0-5 WORDS <Person God>

where the 0 in 0-5 WORDS will include a word that is tagged both for God and the verb "create(d)".

Using Dave's formula - LEB, HCSB and NASB95 all come up with 68 verses, so it seems to work.

Posts 46
Dan Starcevich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2019 7:36 AM

thanks Liam!

Posts 46
Dan Starcevich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2019 7:37 AM

either or both would work for my purposes

Thanks!

Dan

Posts 46
Dan Starcevich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2019 7:37 AM

thanks Dave!

Posts 126
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 17 2019 6:00 PM

Dan Starcevich:
I am running Logos 8.6 and am looking for a query that will find all the instances where God is the creator.  Does anyone have a query they use and think it finds all the verses they might like to share?

The Bible Browser Tool works great for things like this. Type in "Create" and see many possible searches. See attached:

Posts 46
Dan Starcevich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2019 4:52 AM
Wow, never even considered this tool. Thank you.
Posts 751
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2019 10:27 AM

Dan Starcevich:
Wow, never even considered this tool. Thank you.

I know I sound like a broken record: Usability is still my major issue with Logos. Similar to Dan, I have seen this tool but not really used it. So I completely forgot about it. 

Looking at Dave's search syntax, it just is just too complicated for me.

However, if I google for "bible verses with God as the creator" without the quotation marks, I instantly get pretty much the verses I am looking for. I know Google and Logos are different. But still I wished searching in Logos would get easier.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS