when are we going to get "Bookmarks"?

https://wiki.logos.com/Bookmarks 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 27 2019 8:50 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Jeremy:
Windows Defender is better at watching than blocking

Windows Defender was just rated one of the best antivirus software for Windows by an independent group: https://www.techspot.com/news/81396-windows-defender-ranked-joint-best-antivirus-program.html

A former Mozilla engineer recommends uninstalling any antivirus software except Microsoft's: https://robert.ocallahan.org/2017/01/disable-your-antivirus-software-except.html

Opinions definitely run deep on antivirus software.  I was also an IT guy (now retired), as are two of my brothers and one of my sisters.  My brothers scoff at the mere mention of Windows Defender and can't fathom that's what I use.  They have used Kaspersky for years and used other major leading apps  and freeware before that.  On the other hand, my sister and I have used nothing but Windows Defender and its predecessors for years.  My brothers each have a couple of computers and over the years, they have picked up a couple of viruses, but nothing serious.  On the other hand, neither my sister or I have ever picked up any viruses on the six to seven computers typically in our homes at any given time.  I used to load other antivirus programs periodically on some of our computers just to see if running scans on them from other apps would pick up something WD was missing, but I never got any hits and finally stopped doing that.

I also support computers for some extended family members who rely on Windows Defender.  There have been a few times when one of their computers developed quirks (sometimes major) for which I would download freeware AV apps (including Bitdefender and Malwarebytes) to double-check the systems, but the other antivirus apps never found anything WD didn't also identify.  But in each of those cases, I was able to track the source of the problem back to applications that kids had downloaded and installed because they were using computers not used by the parents, and were therefore given more leeway by the parents on those computers.  The kids knew they were being given a fair amount of rope to play with, but they also knew if they mucked things up, they'd be without a computer until I could resolve it.  After a fix, I'd explain what had happened and how to avoid it.  They usually learned from their mistakes, but if they didn't, they did learn it might take their uncle quite a while to work their repeat problems back into his schedule.  Wink

Of course, this is all anecdotal evidence and it may just be that my internet related habits put me at less risk than some.  But I stopped worrying long ago about relying on Windows Defender.   Knock on wood.  Smile

Posts 246
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:38 PM

I agree Windows Defender is better for me. Perhaps if I were a bank or financial user I would need more encryption or something.

Posts 486
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 9:57 AM

I've used Norton since '92 and wish I could enjoy some of the so called problems that others supposedly get by using it. I've never had a problem. 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 2
Paul Micheel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 12:00 PM

I'm having the exact same problem. I used to be able to right click and find an option for more than the Louw Nida Lexicon in Greek. Now, that's all I can find. I made the change you suggested and it did nothing to improve my situation. I find these changes very confusing and incredibly difficult to navigate. I am unable to follow what you are suggesting in the posts you made to help on right clicking, because the pictures you post aren't what I'm seeing on my computer because of the update.

Posts 2
Paul Micheel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 12:03 PM

I figured out my problem. You changed the graphics dramatically and I was able to figure out what I wanted after I complained about it in my post. Just need to be patient I guess.

Posts 1
Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 2:26 PM

The new update is crashing every time I open a resource. It doesn't crash when opening a document like a sermon but every single time I click the ESV bible it crashes. 

Posts 486
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 3:14 PM

I can open the ESV with no crashes. But hopefully whatever is causing Logos to crash in your case and Layouts causing Logos to crash is being worked on as we speak. 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 5:11 PM

Adams:

The new update is crashing every time I open a resource. It doesn't crash when opening a document like a sermon but every single time I click the ESV bible it crashes. 

please create a new thread and post logs (see my signature line). Your issue may or may not be related to the issue someone else is having. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS