How to make best use of theological resources

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33
Jason Clapper | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 23 2019 12:05 PM

I've been using Logos for a while but only at a basic level.  I have my commentaries prioritized so I can switch them with the press of a button.  I know how to look things up in dictionaries, as they have parallels so I can just look up a word and then get multiple dictionary entries.  The one thing I've never understood is how to make use of theological resources.  I have the works of Bonhoeffer, Barth, and C.S. Lewis amongst others in my library but I don't know how to use them in sermon work.  I guess I would like to use them like a dictionary, or to find out if they reference a verse or theological concept.  I don't use guides, and honestly I don't know much about the advanced level logos features... I just like to keep things simple.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posts 145
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2019 12:27 PM

I would open up the "cited by" tool and leave it next to your other recourses. Add you favorite collections to it and when you have john 3.16 open it will, for example, show you all the times jonathan edwards and john calvin mention the verse, etc.

Posts 453
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2019 1:19 PM

The beauty of Logos is being able to leverage a huge library - even resources you didn't know you own! - in every passage you study.

My best tip is this: Use the collection tool in conjunction with your passage guide to find all sorts of useful content about any passage you're studying.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS