Logos 8.7 crashes when closing out Layouts

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 486
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 5:11 AM

Ok, Dave's request wasn't clear from where I'm sitting. My problem all along has been one or two of the Layouts crashing Logos. I've removed them and started from scratch. I've created, removed and created again and one in particular (Acts) would keep crashing. 

This morning, I noticed the Layout named Acts didn't crash but the one on 2 Thessalonians crashes Logos. It doesn't matter where I open it from, whether from the third icon from the right at the top or the Layout page on the Homescreen. 

Are you finding the same thing on your system Graham or is this related to myself only?

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 5:36 AM

Bootjack:
I noticed the Layout named Acts didn't crash but the one on 2 Thessalonians crashes Logos.

In examining the two layouts, I see that the Acts layout has a few more resources open, but the 2 Thessalonians layout has two Bible Word Studies. What happens if you close those FIRST before closing the layout? (You shouldn't have to do so, but trying to trouble shoot). 

The only thing else I see of interest is that the "information" panel is open. I would leave that alone until after you experiment with the BWS. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 7:45 AM

At the risk of this being a total 'red herring' I did attempt to recreate the top layout from Bootjack's post.

I didn't get all that far in that I got the two KJV panels open and the Send Hyperlinks here set.

I don't have the Vines dictionary but do have the next two volumes so set them and linked with A.

Thinking I could not get a sensible recreation I then played with the library and closed the all open panels with the right hand x

CRASH

Just in case they are of any use here are the logs.

0044.LogosLogs.Mike.20190829-153819.zip

MacOS 10.14.6 and Logos 8.8 Beta 1

Posts 486
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 8:57 AM

Here's a picture of what I have left in the Acts layout. It still crashes. 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 486
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 8:58 AM

Thanks for making me not feel all alone in this Mike. Obviously, there is a glitch in the 8.7 latest update, wouldn't you think? 

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 8:59 AM

Hi Bootjack and All,

We've got a bug report filed for this crash. Thank you for reporting it.

Posts 486
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 9:04 AM

Super! Shall we expect it fixed this afternoon? Wink

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 9:08 AM

Bootjack:

Thanks for making me not feel all alone in this Mike. Obviously, there is a glitch in the 8.7 latest update, wouldn't you think? 

It seems that our suspicions have been confirmed. I wonder which stitch came undone?

Hopefully our niche bug will help the developers avoid pitfalls that could affect many other down the road.

Posts 486
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 9:29 AM

Mike Binks:

I wonder which stitch came undone?

I would think the left right to the center. I suppose in a sense, we'll be hanging on by a thread till it's fixed. 

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS