NEW FEATURE REQUEST

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
WILLIAM HENDERSON | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 28 2019 6:46 AM

In the sermon editor (and maybe throughout the software where applicable) allow the use of a microphone to dictate sermon material instead of typing.

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 28 2019 6:53 AM

Welcome to the Forums William! 

This is a great suggestion. It would be interesting to hear from Faithlife on whether they would be interested in pursuing something like this. I suspect it may take up a little too much development time! 

I remember this coming up before though, when someone suggested the use of dictation software to input and navigate around Logos. It sounds a little clumsy, but could do what you're looking for.

See this forum thread - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/148061.aspx

Posts 1099
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 28 2019 7:06 AM

Mac OS has this functionality (speech to text) built in natively. I assumed that Windows 10 does too. Is that not true?

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 4608
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 28 2019 7:30 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Mac OS has this functionality (speech to text) built in natively. I assumed that Windows 10 does too. Is that not true?

I never used it when I was a windows guy, but here is a good article explaining how to set it up in Win 10.

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 28 2019 7:38 AM

Myke Harbuck:
Is that not true?

It is true.

Woah! 

Go to Settings > Ease of access > Speech > Dictation

It's all there. Haven't figured it all out yet, but it looks like what OP what asking. Good call.

Posts 2
WILLIAM HENDERSON | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 28 2019 8:56 AM

I just purchased a BlueYeti microphone and using Windows 10 I can now talk as it writes in Microsoft Word. Sometimes I talk our my sermons and then I have talked so much I forget over half of what I said. But I will cut and paste between Word and the Sermon Editor.

Posts 1709
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 28 2019 11:11 AM

WILLIAM HENDERSON:
Sometimes I talk our my sermons and then I have talked so much I forget over half of what I said.

But aren't you glad you put it in writing while you still knew it? Big Smile

There's probably someone, somewhere, doing research on dictation software seeking to prove that such software causes the user to forget the first half when finished with the second half.

In the future, every theory will be famous for fifteen minutes.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS