Hurricane Dorian - Please pray

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 123
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 29 2019 9:39 AM

Hurricane Dorian could be a category 4 by the time it his us. I live in Central FL. please pray for the safety of my family and that we dont suffer damage to our house or get flooded out. I'm extremely worried and I keep praying.

Please pray also our financial situation gets better. I have reason to believe it will maybe in a few months, so please pray everything works out with that too.

I appreciate all prayers!

God bless and thank you!

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 10:51 AM

Yes

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 605
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 11:28 AM

PrayingBig Smile

Posts 6487
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 2:39 PM

I’m in South Florida and I’m definitely praying 🙏 Hopefully it’ll dissipate between today and Saturday!

DAL

Posts 3667
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 2:56 PM

A very charismatic friend wrote in his monthly newsletter: 

...re hurricane Dorian. Jesus was miffed that the disciples didn’t still the storm themselves instead of waking Him up. And He gave us authority in the great commission.  So I suggest you use something like this prayer: “I cover you hurricane with the blood of Jesus.  And I command you to go back out to sea and dissipate in the name of Jesus Christ.”  Remember, as I write in my books, that faith is an act of the will, not the intellect or emotions.  So you don’t have to think or feel that your prayers will work.  Just decide it and act on it willfully.

While I'm one of the frozen chosen (Presby's), I'm trying hard to get unfrozen. Praying with you, Chris, but specifically as my friend suggested.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 8978
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 3:36 PM

Chris Belmonte:
Hurricane Dorian could be a category 4 by the time it his us. I live in Central FL.

Praying for you Chris and for those who live in the Bahamas who are also in the direct path of Dorian. MVP Lynden Williams lives in South Bahamas.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6487
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 3:41 PM

Not to get technical about it since I’ve heard charismatics ”ordering God” in the name of Jesus to do things for them, but that’s just plain blasphemy Since the blood of Christ was not shed to cover hurricanes.  But anywho, let’s just continue to ask for God’s help on this matter and let His will be done

👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 17990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 7:11 PM

Praying for God to be Glorified Big Smile

Humanly not like damage (temporary) that is coming while praying & hoping for many hearts to dwell in One God's commUnity of Love (eternally). Thankful for God's Love that never fails Big Smile

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 123
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2019 6:51 AM

I'm EXTEMELY scared. i'm barely functional. please keep praying.

Posts 605
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2019 6:25 PM

We are! May the peace of our Lord break through your fear. And if that doesn't happen immediately, Immanuel is still with you, whether or not you feel or otherwise perceive his presence. Shalom, shalom!

Posts 434
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 12:41 AM

Certainly praying for you Chris - and I've raised a prayer alert with a group in my country (Australia) asking them to pray for you also. May the Lord shelter you, be your help and strength and keep you safe. Take care  Paul 

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 8:21 AM

I am safe Bruce. The island of Grand Bahama and Abaco experience major damage

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6487
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 8:36 AM

Lynden Williams:

Good to know and keep it that way 👍😁👌

Posts 605
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 11:36 AM

Thanks for checking in, Lynden! We're thankful  you're safe. May God be praised/thanked! And may the next days and weeks go as well as possible!

Posts 123
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 11:40 AM

Thank you so much to everyone!

Posts 123
Chris Belmonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 11:41 AM

Lynden Williams:

oh my God! I've been praying for those Islands in my prayers many times a day. I'm so glad to hear it!

Posts 8978
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 2:25 PM

Lynden Williams:

Glad to hear Lynden. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

May you have more opportunities to share the hope of Jesus in the challenges of the aftermath.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 1:18 PM

Donations can be made through www.Adra.org

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS