Why wouldn't <Person God> contain all three persons of the Trinity?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 326
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 29 2019 5:43 PM

I see that <Person God> basically references referring to God the Father (since it includes a lot of "Father" references and God references that aren't Jesus or the Holy Spirit).

But, why would that be <Person Father> or something like that? And why wouldn't <Person God> contain all three persons of the Trinity? I'm sure that this has been talked about at some point.

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 7:30 PM

I personally happy that it is separate. In OT, it is really rare when it is referred to Father. Father is mostly used in NT. If person God would be connected to Trinity, then in OT we would miss  mostly what we consider to God the Father.

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 326
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 7:38 PM

Wild Eagle:

I personally happy that it is separate. In OT, it is really rare when it is referred to Father. Father is mostly used in NT. If person God would be connected to Trinity, then in OT we would miss  mostly what we consider to God the Father.

But, it seems to me that <Person God> might be best to all three persons (which would include all of the OT). I just don't know how they decided Father was <Person God> but "Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)" wasn't...?

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 7:49 PM

Context would be only way to know. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 7:51 PM

And that there is the limitation of any classification system.  We are all going to want to fit things into slightly different groupings.

Andrew Biddinger:

Wild Eagle:

But, it seems to me that <Person God> might be best to all three persons (which would include all of the OT). I just don't know how they decided Father was <Person God> but "Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)" wasn't...?

Posts 326
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 4:35 AM

DIsciple II:

And that there is the limitation of any classification system.  We are all going to want to fit things into slightly different groupings.

This is true. I guess, then, I'd like to know the reasoning/methodology behind the Logos system tagging. Has FL ever shared this?

Posts 26533
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 2:14 PM

Attn Sean: Question regarding Bible tagging

and

Sean Boisen:
We haven't yet shipped the dataset documentation for Biblical People (there's a lot to document!): but IIRC, as a matter of expediency, we only assigned unique identifiers to unnamed people who occurred at least five times in the text (or had some other rationale for distinguishing them). Otherwise we'd have piled up a lot of identifiers with virtually no information, which clutters other parts of the interface (like Factbook).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 326
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 3:04 PM

MJ. Smith:

Attn Sean: Question regarding Bible tagging

and

Sean Boisen:
We haven't yet shipped the dataset documentation for Biblical People (there's a lot to document!): but IIRC, as a matter of expediency, we only assigned unique identifiers to unnamed people who occurred at least five times in the text (or had some other rationale for distinguishing them). Otherwise we'd have piled up a lot of identifiers with virtually no information, which clutters other parts of the interface (like Factbook).

Thanks, MJ. That's helpful!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS